GDT: Preseason Game 02 - Winnipeg Jets @ Edmonton Oilers - Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 - 5:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The longer preseason allows for the kids to spend some time in a NHL camp and get into a couple games. That is pretty much your first week. The last 3 games are for the NHLers to get their skating legs and a couple prospects on the verge to make their case.

I would do the first two games for guys on the bubble + rookies then the last game for the vets. All these guys are in peak condition and the season lasts forever. Pitter patter.

Reactions: surixon

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Preseason doesn’t matter. I wish it was one week shorter and 3 games maximum. Season is already too long.

If it was up to me I would make the preseason one week shorter, eliminate the All star week and game, end the season by June 10th at the latest.
Id shorten the season for sure

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would do the first two games for guys on the bubble + rookies then the last game for the vets. All these guys are in peak condition and the season lasts forever. Pitter patter.
Personally I don’t mind the length of camp. I’d really prefer though not to have to dish out the money on preseason games as part of the ST package. That part is annoying.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Personally I don’t mind the length of camp. I’d really prefer though not to have to dish out the money on preseason games as part of the ST package. That part is annoying.

Its not that I mind the camp as much as I would like hockey to finish by about June 10th. The All start party and training camp seem like the easiest way to claw back time since they aren't really NHL hockey. I get that I am probably alone in wanting to kill the fluff and streamline the preseason scrimmages.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Its not that I mind the camp as much as I would like hockey to finish by about June 10th. The All start party and training camp seem like the easiest way to claw back time since they aren't really NHL hockey. I get that I am probably alone in wanting to kill the fluff and streamline the preseason scrimmages.

Your not alone, I hate training camp.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I wouldn't cut the TC as much as you would. I could see compressing it a bit. Also start it a week or 2 earlier. Right after labour day would be good.

The all-star game is a complete waste, totally and utterly. Please stop it. Season AND playoffs should be over by about May 10. If we are golfing in Manitoba it is too late for hockey.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I wonder if the mandated off days as per the CBA during the season means that teams want more time in camp to install systems and tactics, iron out special teams, etc

Some stretches of the schedule it's impossible to even get a practice in

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wonder if the mandated off days as per the CBA during the season means that teams want more time in camp to install systems and tactics, iron out special teams, etc

Some stretches of the schedule it's impossible to even get a practice in

The issue is you actually don't get much in the way of schemes because there are far too many players in it until near the end. Pp and pk isn't even usually touched until right near the end.

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The issue is you actually don't get much in the way of schemes because there are far too many players in it until near the end. Pp and pk isn't even usually touched until right near the end.
That's a good point

We probably should have sequestered our special teams elsewhere and had them work on them 24/7

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I only got to watch the 5 minute highlight clip from NHL network, managed to get to it without spoiler either (I was surprised). Quite the weak goal in OT by Comrie. There was enough space left on the file that I didn't think that play would end the game (especially from that angle). And then... clunk...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Your not alone, I hate training camp.
I like camp. For most of us it is the only time we get to see the kids in action. After that they are distributed around the world in different leagues, most of which are not easy to watch. Once the kids are returned to their teams, I turn onto a just don't get hurt mode for the vets.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I also like TC and the Young Stars game as I try to see if there are any prospects that might make a difference and make the big club. So far for this year Lambert has a chance and that's about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad