GDT: Preseason Game 02 - Winnipeg Jets @ Edmonton Oilers - Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 - 5:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Game synopsis...

sleepy.gif

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Helle might have to play 82, seriously I don't have any confidence in either of the supposed back ups
Maybe Milic might end up being the guy. I know they want to give him more starts in the AHL, but they also want to win one of those 12 games that Helle doesn’t play.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Maybe Milic might end up being the guy. I know they want to give him more starts in the AHL, but they also want to win one of those 12 games that Helle doesn’t play.
I think by bringing in both Comrie and KK the Jets were hopeful Milic could play the whole season in the A which would benefit him. So far we might have a back up problem.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Maple Leafs fall to Senators in overtime of pre-season opener ...

This was the top news link on Sportsnet's website tonight as if 9:02 pm this Sunday night...

They didn't even try to comment... did not report... they did... not...

See for yourself below...

5 F'n channels of Laffs vs Condoms we were availed of tonight...

And they the vaunted Cable giants are no shows...

fem.gif

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
A few thoughts.

I think this weekend started off on the wrong foot with the Heinola injury. Good chance the Jets would have started the weekend with Heinola and Miller as a pairing, and bumped Kuzmin down to the B squad for tonight's game, which would have been a huge difference in pace, where Sauntner and Anhorn are not NHL prospects, gettting preseason action. Similarly probably would have seen Lundmark tonight if he hadn't blocked a shot in practice, and with the early struggles of the PK, there certainly seems to be an opening for him to make his mark. Once the remaining 3 NHL defensemen who haven't played yet get integrated into the lineup, conceivably this week, will be interesting to see how the Jets manage having only 12 (5LH, 7RH) pro and prospective d-men in their lineup, with Heinola out. Dylan Anhorn probably fills it out but cross your fingers on the injury front, as it already looks thin on the backend. Stanley played a decent game, which isn't surprising as he's been through the preseason battles. A little sloppy, but looks ready for the most part. Coghlan was ok, a little scrambly in his own end, for his first game.

I thought the Swedish line played an NHL 4th line type of game, good possession and good defense. Torgersson's giveaway, that led to the 2-1 goal on the PK, was the only real gaffe for that line, but I thought he made some plays out there. I could see these guys playing as an NHL line this year. A little bit of everything they bring.

I liked Parker Ford's motor but those board battles like the one in OT, where an undersized guy gets destroyed, is probably something that an already small Jets forward group isn't looking for, from the coaches. His game was arguably better than Kupari's though.

It's interesting to me to see who gets demoted as the Jets still have 6 important forwards who haven't seen game action.

Walton, Loponen and King seem like the first cuts up front. I wonder how long He sticks around, because he keeps impressing with his speed and battle level, as an 18 year old. Barlow I wouldn't be surprised if he gets at least a look with some of the bigger guns, see where he is at with more skilled players. Julien and Levis are 2 more guys where I wonder how long they stick around. Not likely past the week, as the roles get carved out. Anyone know what the status of Lucius is? I know he is practicing in a regular jersey, is he a step behind the competition coming off rehab? Maybe gets in Friday's game?

Comrie made some saves, unfortunate that he gave up a bit of a stinker in 0T.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A few thoughts.

I think this weekend started off on the wrong foot with the Heinola injury. Good chance the Jets would have started the weekend with Heinola and Miller as a pairing, and bumped Kuzmin down to the B squad for tonight's game, which would have been a huge difference in pace, where Sauntner and Anhorn are not NHL prospects, gettting preseason action. Similarly probably would have seen Lundmark tonight if he hadn't blocked a shot in practice, and with the early struggles of the PK, there certainly seems to be an opening for him to make his mark. Once the remaining 3 NHL defensemen who haven't played yet get integrated into the lineup, conceivably this week, will be interesting to see how the Jets manage having only 12 (5LH, 7RH) pro and prospective d-men in their lineup, with Heinola out. Dylan Anhorn probably fills it out but cross your fingers on the injury front, as it already looks thin on the backend. Stanley played a decent game, which isn't surprising as he's been through the preseason battles. A little sloppy, but looks ready for the most part. Coghlan was ok, a little scrambly in his own end, for his first game.

I thought the Swedish line played an NHL 4th line type of game, good possession and good defense. Torgersson's giveaway, that led to the 2-1 goal on the PK, was the only real gaffe for that line, but I thought he made some plays out there. I could see these guys playing as an NHL line this year. A little bit of everything they bring.

I liked Parker Ford's motor but those board battles like the one in OT, where an undersized guy gets destroyed, is probably something that an already small Jets forward group isn't looking for, from the coaches. His game was arguably better than Kupari's though.

It's interesting to me to see who gets demoted as the Jets still have 6 important forwards who haven't seen game action.

Walton, Loponen and King seem like the first cuts up front. I wonder how long He sticks around, because he keeps impressing with his speed and battle level, as an 18 year old. Barlow I wouldn't be surprised if he gets at least a look with some of the bigger guns, see where he is at with more skilled players. Julien and Levis are 2 more guys where I wonder how long they stick around. Not likely past the week, as the roles get carved out. Anyone know what the status of Lucius is? I know he is practicing in a regular jersey, is he a step behind the competition coming off rehab? Maybe gets in Friday's game?

Comrie made some saves, unfortunate that he gave up a bit of a stinker in 0T.
Really appreciate this, didn't catch too much of the game.

Reactions: voyageur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad