BRUINS GDT Preseason G6 3:07 PM - Rockford IceHogs at BRUINS - NESNPlus, NHLN (US), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
When's the last time Bergeron actually played in a preseason game? I feel like it's been forever.

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
Screenshot_20190928-122449_Twitter.jpg

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
MARCHAND bergeron Pasternak
Debruk Coyle Khulman
Bjork Kurally Ritchie
Hughes Lindholm WAgner

Chara Carlo
Krug Clifton
Zboril MCavoy

Rask
Legace
As per Bruins web site

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
don't like the idea of playing a glorified AHL team with basically our dress rehearsal lineup.
these final games are usually like summer league games, but put a bunch of guys looking
to make impressions on the ice, and let's just hope none of our guys get run/injured.

I recall seeing the New Haven Nighthawks playing their parent team (the Islanders) in 1973. Denis Potvin had been the #1 pick in the draft. He played for the Islander that night. A couple Nighthawks took runs at him. Then he flattened a couple of them with solid hits. Then dropped the gloves with an AHL veterans, who he proceeded to kick the snot out of. Times have changed.

Good memories of the good ol' days.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I fear the worst. Kids have soccer and cheer this weekend, plus pictures for both. So my normal weekend routine is all effed up. Totally forgot to call out for the game today. Not saying i don’t take preseason seriously, but, well yes i am. A preseason matinee? Nah

Hopefully i can skate by with a warning. It’s been a while since i last pulled this move.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I fear the worst. Kids have soccer and cheer this weekend, plus pictures for both. So my normal weekend routine is all effed up. Totally forgot to call out for the game today. Not saying i don’t take preseason seriously, but, well yes i am. A preseason matinee? Nah

Hopefully i can skate by with a warning. It’s been a while since i last pulled this move.

Dont do it. It's not worth the backlash. Supervisors remember that stuff in promotions or dept changes.

Knew of one place that had to do a major layoff of 1/2 of their people. First to go was anyone with a no-call no-show, then it was amount of call-ins second....

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Thanks for the "Rockford Files" theme, @Fenway! One of my favourite 70s TV theme songs. Used to watch that show all the time. You can download all the answering machine messages as MP3 files. Download Jim Rockford’s Answering Machine Messages as MP3s | Open Culture

Maybe there should be a new series: "The Sweeney Files" where each episode opens with a voice mail message:

"Hey Sweeney, it's [insert HFBoards member username here]. I see you still haven't given Krejci a decent right wing yet. Yeah, sure, maybe that Russian kid will work out. Fat chance, Comrade." [Click]

or "The Butch Files"

"Hey Cassidy, it's [insert HFBoards member username here]. What's with Heinen on the first line? Like he's the second comin' o' Cam Neely or somethin'? Bergy deserves better than that. I got some ideas, call me." [Click]

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Dont do it. It's not worth the backlash. Supervisors remember that stuff in promotions or dept changes.

Knew of one place that had to do a major layoff of 1/2 of their people. First to go was anyone with a no-call no-show, then it was amount of call-ins second....

Oh it’s far too late. This is for my part time gig behind the counters at the Garden. Call time would’ve been 9am since the game was early. I’m not pleased with myself trust me. I think this is my second one in four years. Maybe third. Either way it’s too many. Last time i had a warning mailed to me that i had to sign, maybe 18 months ago. I THINK i still have at least another written before any suspension but who knows.

Oh well. I suck

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This is how you discover chemistry.

Like the Heinen-Coyle-Bjork line last week.

Try something new, see if there is a positive reaction.
interesting_reaction_nightmare_before_christmas.gif
Why though, we tinkered with it so much last year with all the injuries and then found a stable set of pairings that worked all playoffs. What is one preseason game going to do to change anything? We've tried Chara-Carlo before, the balance of Carlo being with Krug worked better overall.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Oh it’s far too late. This is for my part time gig behind the counters at the Garden. Call time would’ve been 9am since the game was early. I’m not pleased with myself trust me. I think this is my second one in four years. Maybe third. Either way it’s too many. Last time i had a warning mailed to me that i had to sign, maybe 18 months ago. I THINK i still have at least another written before any suspension but who knows.

Oh well. I suck

Been there. Done that.

Reactions: TD Charlie

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Why though, we tinkered with it so much last year with all the injuries and then found a stable set of pairings that worked all playoffs. What is one preseason game going to do to change anything? We've tried Chara-Carlo before, the balance of Carlo being with Krug worked better overall.

Because injuries and flu season happen. Good to know what odd pairings work now for then.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
full

cut.jpg

full

full

Bruins vs. Ice Hogs
3pm ET
NHLN, NESN+, 98.5 The Sports Hub

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

Bruins Roster

full

Rockford Roster

full

full

full

Let's Go Bruins!

cut.jpg

Not gonna lie, I recognize maybe three names on that Chicago roster :skeptic:

I guess they get an exemption from the vet minimum since the real team is overseas?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks for the "Rockford Files" theme, @Fenway! One of my favourite 70s TV theme songs. Used to watch that show all the time. You can download all the answering machine messages as MP3 files. Download Jim Rockford’s Answering Machine Messages as MP3s | Open Culture

Maybe there should be a new series: "The Sweeney Files" where each episode opens with a voice mail message:

"Hey Sweeney, it's [insert HFBoards member username here]. I see you still haven't given Krejci a decent right wing yet. Yeah, sure, maybe that Russian kid will work out. Fat chance, Comrade." [Click]

or "The Butch Files"

"Hey Cassidy, it's [insert HFBoards member username here]. What's with Heinen on the first line? Like he's the second comin' o' Cam Neely or somethin'? Bergy deserves better than that. I got some ideas, call me." [Click]
"Hi Cam, it's Bruinaura. When is free cookie night?"

Reactions: BMC and HumBucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad