GDT: Preseason #7 | Devils at Flyers | Thursday, October 3, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP, 97.5 FM

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I thought Hathaway looked terrible to be honest. I thought all of Richard, Avon, and Lycksell looked better and Hathaway wasn’t even floating around. His puck skills are just sorely lacking for a guy who will probably play decent minutes.

I also struggle to find anything that Bonk does well.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Such a worthless game with f***ing nobody players and they still don't start Kolosov. If anything up against a nothing team like this, I'm kind of sad we already gave up one. On FOUR SHOTS.
Looked like a COVID roster. I get the Devils are in Europe with their real team, but what about the Flyers players?

Did the management charge all fans the price of a Phantoms pre-season ticket for that game?

Reactions: renberg

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Bonk looked better, not surprising, he's only 19, takes more time for defensive D-men to adjust to NHL game (can't just outskate everyone). Needs another year in the CHL, then compete for a spot next fall, but will probably start in the AHL.

Andrae also looked better against weaker competition, he's the first call-up on defense.

Richard looked good, he's a top call-up, but no, he's not as good as Hathaway. He's a AHL+ player who has raised his game the last two seasons, but he's also 28. Hathaway is a proven NHL forward with top third speed and one of the best forecheckers in the league.

Avon has the jets, good size but is only 21 and missed a full season due to COVID. He's my choice for breakout player in LHV. In some ways, Leier with NHL size. His upside depends on whether he can polish his offensive skills enough to score at the NHL level.

Not much else stood out to me.

Leier was 5’11, around 185. That’s NHL size.

What is your fascination with large humans?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Leier was 5’11, around 185. That’s NHL size.

What is your fascination with large humans?
If you're forechecking, being "full bodied" allows you to hit D-men and hopefully panic them into mistakes, smaller forwards tend to rely to stick checks.

With Avon's speed, he can pressure D-men.
Question is how far his offensive skills can progress, that's what held Leier back, pretty much an offensive cipher.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
1728086192060.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad