Preseason 2024

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not at all. In his short stay he hasn’t shown anything worthy of a top footballer. He may turn it around but the fundamentals are lacking. That’s a massive concern for everyone involved.
Attitude doesn’t seem great

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Roque hasn’t had a real chance by any stretch and all things considered he probably should have had more minutes under Xavi. Check that. He definitely should have had more minutes under Xavi. His agent was rather vocal at one point specifically saying the player wouldn’t go out on loan, but the player hasn’t said anything to the best of my knowledge. In fact, he’s been said to have rebuffed Saudi twice now this Summer.

Nice performance against Milan despite the result. With the context of preseason and all the subs, still really liked the pressure in the opponents end which led to many turnovers. Also liked the tempo throughout the match.

A few additional thoughts:
  • Really liked Casado’s ability to move the ball, especially going forward.
  • Victor again impressed and I thought he was better than he was in the Clasico.
  • Valle can deliver a ball, but he lacks pace and size and Leao, who to be fair causes plenty of defenders of trouble, really had his number out on the right.
  • If you want to talk LBs, and Valle is a LB out of position who again should not be playing ahead of Fort without good reason, then how about Gerard Martin? Thought he had a very good performance. Curious to see if he’s played himself into the first team.
  • Have to say that while we’ve seen plenty of kids in preseason tours before, I can’t remember this many featuring all at once.

Reactions: Peen

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Guiu makes intelligent & frequent runs and is incredibly unselfish & happy to lay off

The bits I saw from Barca Atletic last season I thought Guiu pressed well too. Wonder what we would have seen from him under Flick.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
I totally forgot we played so early, and I missed it; how did we look?

Kinda good. Jesus looked like he might be able to pick up where he started at the club. Leverkusen looked like they had no energy though but they do not have the experience to go up against such a good team so they are excused.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah I think that one was on him, not on Mount, the pass was way too strong for anyone to get.
Mount was sitting 2 yards in front of the CB pairing. Yes you’re right Amad probably should have looked at Mount and saw where he was and shot it, rather than trying to pass it but Mount should have made that run. They teach you to follow up on shots and crash the box in U10.

Here’s a replay so I guess he did crash the box and make that run which means that pass makes way more sense. Just made the run too late. He should have started it the second Casemiro played that through ball.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm slightly bored

At least I can watch the second half in parallel to the women's Olympic finals. I'll make sure and change channels every time Ederson has his usual ten touches at the ball ...

Reactions: Gecklund

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
This playing from behind style is killing my enjoyment of football. I want to see offensive players and strikers have and fight for the ball, not 100 passes between Ederson and Akanji

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad