Preseason 2024

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not sure what match you watched, but LFC didn't take over anything. Both teams were trash defensively, even if Liverpool was the better team in the first half, Arsenal had three prime chances to score. LFC disappeared in the second half.
I don’t think Liverpool were trash defensively. Thought Kelleher had a weird game. Thought Sepp and Quansah were good. Thought Tsimikas was bad. Thought Bradley was okay. Thought LFC defended fine. Looked like a team adjusting to a new play style, playing its second preseason game. Once LFC got into gear, they did whatever they wanted going forward while they had a forward (Diogo Jota) on the pitch. Second half they absolute disappeared, largely because they had to go back to that double false nine nonsense which we won’t see during the PL season unless there is an emergency. Think a lot more positive than negative.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs are playing Bayern in less than an hour. Can be watched for free on Bayern's youtube channel, unless you are geo-blocked.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Field looks like trash.

Richest nation in history can’t provide a decent pitch? How is it gonna be like at the World Cup? Has to be a genuine concern.

l

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1-0 LFC. Fabio Carvalho with another one. Making his case to stay with the team. Put Casemiro on a poster.

Konate getting his first minutes of the summer looks extremely rusty

Jones makes it 2-0. This team is going to be able to attack. I still don’t know that they have a great answer when they are pinned/going backwards but they are going to be fun to watch

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tsimikas makes it 3-0. LFC putting on the kids now. 65th min

Some nice saves from 3rd string keeper Jaros

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This kid… Victor he might just be a player. If he continues like this you can forget about Rogue.

Another kid highly impressive is Valle. Sweet sweet crosses

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This kid… Victor he might just be a player. If he continues like this you can forget about Rogue.

Another kid highly impressive is Valle. Sweet sweet crosses

Victor goals weren’t spectacular by any means, but there are aspects of his game that have looked good so far.

Valle was also playing out of position as he’s a LB. Still, IMO he lacks pace and he’s not Hector Fort.

Overall a lackluster Clasico, even a US tour one. Still, you could see Flick’s changes at work and the kids seem to have adapated. Interesting all the Madrid kis playing and yet very few will likely every see the first team for any meaningful stretch if at all.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Raphina would be a lot more likeable if he was a good player but he’s just so so basic. Never worth the price to bring him here. He’s a fine bench option though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Jesus some awful defending. Went to go see who it was figured it was some kid… it was my friend Langlet. Just so useless. Leaves his man wide open then finally gets over so casually.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
i can watch Valle cross the ball day. Not sure if he will ever be quality otherwise but the boy can cross the ball.

Also Saelemaekers isn’t a RB worst player other than Lenglet today.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Guiu makes intelligent & frequent runs and is incredibly unselfish & happy to lay off

If he ever becomes a hungrier goal threat, he can be quite good.

But I think he needs to spend a few years starting every game on a team that will get him those opportunities in the box frequently

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Roque hasn’t gotten a sniff in preseason while I see la Masia kids one after another coming on. Second coach not to rate him.

And Pau continues to impress.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Guiu makes intelligent & frequent runs and is incredibly unselfish & happy to lay off

If he ever becomes a hungrier goal threat, he can be quite good.

But I think he needs to spend a few years starting every game on a team that will get him those opportunities in the box frequently
I wonder if that’s what Chelsea told him when they signed him

Sign here and we will send you away to get hungrier and maybe we’ll play you by year 3 or 4. By the way we are going to spend at least nine figures on other strikers in the mean time. But the checks will probably clear

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2