GDT: Preseason #2 | Flyers at Canadiens | September 23, 2024 | 7:00 PM | 97.5 FM ( https://975thefanatic.com/ )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
As fun as game 1 was, this was pretty much the exact opposite.

Brink looked good in the first, but his energy waned. No one else stood out positively, except for Makiniemi.

Was hoping to see something from Lycksell, Rizzo, Bonk... but nothing.

NHLers like Couts, Laughton, Foerster, Poehling... all looked like they just wanted to get out of the game without getting injured.

Risto and Attard were atrocious. Petersen should be sent home; waste of a roster spot, even at the ECHL level.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The Flyers have several Lane Hutson types.
2022 draft is looking incredibly cursed for the Flyers right now. Could have had a high second to draft Hutson, but instead we traded it in order to dump a 3rd pairing d-man, and also traded our 5th OA pick for an oft injured player we hope develops into the 3rd piaring d-man we paid to get rid of.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just not an actual one, the kind that’s impactful.

Hutson has 2 NHL games. Drysdale has 147. Let’s wait for Hutson to match that.

2022 draft is looking incredibly cursed for the Flyers right now. Could have had a high second to draft Hutson, but instead we traded it in order to dump a 3rd pairing d-man, and also traded our 5th OA pick for an oft injured player we hope develops into the 3rd piaring d-man we paid to get rid of.

All you can ask is that they learn from their mistakes. I think they have.

• Wow
Reactions: freakydallas13

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why did they extend Hathaway and Seeler? This game gave you a good idea why.

When Deslauriers is one of your better looking forwards, well . . .
Lyksell and Eklind showed me nothing, Richard is fast but isn't that skillful and isn't a forechecker like Poehling. Rizzo didn't show much either.
Brink was pretty good, but not good enough to be assured a job.
Desnoyers looks quicker than last year.
Gaucher is an AHL body.
Couts looks healthy, played like a guy with a guaranteed job.

Attard can't play defense, that's why Risto is the 3RHD, the difference between the two was night and day. Same size, but Risto can skate and has a clue.
There's a reason Belpedio is in the AHL.
Bonk was MIA in the 1st period but played better as the game went along.
McDonald was pretty much MIA.
Zamula was decent.

Makineimi didn't embarrass himself, which puts him ahead of Peterson.
Kolosov would be the starter in LHV if he came over, Peterson is just here b/c they didn't want to buy him out after retaining last year and buying out Atkinson.

Thought

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
As fun as game 1 was, this was pretty much the exact opposite.

Brink looked good in the first, but his energy waned. No one else stood out positively, except for Makiniemi.

Was hoping to see something from Lycksell, Rizzo, Bonk... but nothing.

NHLers like Couts, Laughton, Foerster, Poehling... all looked like they just wanted to get out of the game without getting injured.

Risto and Attard were atrocious. Petersen should be sent home; waste of a roster spot, even at the ECHL level.
What were the lines?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Too many pre-season games for my liking. Year after year the same opponents, as well. Let the real season start.

Evergreen

I feel like some of you are just saying Ristolainen looked terrible because you already have your minds made up about him. I thought he looked pretty good, honestly.

Attard was brutal. I feel bad for the kid. Couturier looked really slow to me. I'm worried about him.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I feel like some of you are just saying Ristolainen looked terrible because you already have your minds made up about him. I thought he looked pretty good, honestly.

Attard was brutal. I feel bad for the kid. Couturier looked really slow to me. I'm worried about him.
Yea you're right he definitely looked like mid season Risto

Which is a terrible hockey player. Attard was definitely terrible last night. Couts has always been slow it's his smarts that keeps him in the play. He was in plenty of passing lanes disrupting plays last night. Hopefully the offense hasn't tapered off too much with all his injuries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad