GDT: Preseason 1 - Canes vs Tampa - its gameday.... kinda

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Interesting lines, Lots of youth and an opportunity to see Orlov make his preseason debut for the Canes.

Just hope everyone stays healthy

HOCKEY?!

Ok, wtf is that forward lineup. I recognize like 2 names.
I know it's just pre-season, but I'm surprised Rod is putting 4 guys on the 2nd line.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Granted Rod may not care one way or the other but I wonder if they get a little bit of advanced notice what players Tamps is bringing on the road. Lets him feel better playing this kinda of a lineup if he knows the big Tampa guys aren't playing.

Or is it just an assumption that first game on the road Tampa's not bringing the big guns.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Granted Rod may not care one way or the other but I wonder if they get a little bit of advanced notice what players Tamps is bringing on the road. Lets him feel better playing this kinda of a lineup if he knows the big Tampa guys aren't playing.

Or is it just an assumption that first game on the road Tampa's not bringing the big guns.
I have always understood that you play the name guys for the home audience and send the also starrings on the road.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Technically you’re watching Chicago Wolves players dressed as Hurricanes playing semi-pro…

Technically, not quite. Conacher is the only Wolves player playing tonight. Who knows what AHL team the rest of these guys will end up playing for. A couple more could be with the Wolves, but most of them won't.

The current Wolves roster:

FORWARDS (13): Peter Abbandonato, Cory Conacher, Hank Crone, Timothy Doherty, Hudson Elynuik, Dominic Franco, Kyle Marino, Connor McClennon, Josh Melnick, Isaac Ratcliffe, Cole Schneider, Nathan Sucese, Chris Terry,

DEFENSEMEN (7): Tory Dello, Matt Donovan, Tyson Feist, Alex Green, Owen Headrick, Austin Strand, Mitchell Vande Sompel,

GOALTENDERS (2): Keith Kinkaid, Adam Scheel.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Sports! Go team!

IMG_1764.jpeg

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Is this the game where they have uhhh another game an hour later on the schedule yet refuse to acknowledge or deal with this fact?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad