Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m just saying. If there is a miraculous recovery don’t be surprised. I just hate the media narrative that LFC is automatically going to roll them, and that no one from Utd would get into the LFC XI. LFC have not been good at Old Trafford, even under Klopp. Form goes out the window in rivalry games.
Well that's two different things, OGS and United gain no advantage by calming their players are hurt. It's not like they're going to appear at Old trafford Undertaker style and Klopp soils himself.

LFC should win they're the favourites and are the far far better team. Whether they show it or not is beside the point really. One player would get into this LFC team and that is Pogba. That's a fact and to claim otherwise is small team mentality.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well that's two different things, OGS and United gain no advantage by calming their players are hurt. It's not like they're going to appear at Old trafford Undertaker style and Klopp soils himself.

LFC should win they're the favourites and are the far far better team. Whether they show it or not is beside the point really. One player would get into this LFC team and that is Pogba. That's a fact and to claim otherwise is small team mentality.

Aren't we all inured to Savant's shtick at this point?
I’m not disagreeing with any of this. All I said is I don’t like the media coverage. It’s been really disrespectful to United. Giving them a lot of bulletin board material. Not saying it will matter. I think Liverpool will take three but old Trafford is never an easy fixture. Media are treating it like it is.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If you're not disagreeing with anything that has been said why did you post that your in disbelief at united injuries? Doesn't make too much sense.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you're not disagreeing with anything that has been said why did you post that your in disbelief at united injuries? Doesn't make too much sense.
Ferguson used to pull that stuff all the time. I don’t think De Gea will play but it wouldn’t surprised me if they pulled a Mr. Miyagi on him. Same with Pogba, who is more likely that De Gea, but you never know. It’s not exactly Uncommon for teams to be disingenuous with their injury reporting

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ferguson used to pull that stuff all the time. I don’t think De Gea will play but it wouldn’t surprised me if they pulled a Mr. Miyagi on him. Same with Pogba, who is more likely that De Gea, but you never know. It’s not exactly Uncommon for teams to be disingenuous with their injury reporting
Ferguson hasn't been their coach for years. Maybe it is uncommon for teams to lie but form the LFC perspective the game plan shouldn't change so, it makes no difference to them. That's the position LFC are in they're good enough to just worry about playing their own game. Regardless of who's in front of them.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
There's a distinct advantage to keeping them off the sheet until they can play. Any chance that they could do so would help prevent Liverpool preparing for the particular players. I don't think OGS is dishonest in this situation, but it wouldn't be the first (and it won't be the last) time a club tried to be fuzzy with reports to get an advantage. I think it's happening on the other side with Salah. I think there's a good shot he doesn't play start if they're saying he's on track.

I do think the clarity of saying "they're out" means they're most likely out. If they had a shot, he might have said something closer to I'm not sure we will have to evaluate them in practice this week or it might be a bit too soon.

I kinda wonder if the EPL has any medical requirements to consider in this situation. In some other sports leagues, they can't be funny with injury lists.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ferguson hasn't been their coach for years. Maybe it is uncommon for teams to lie but form the LFC perspective the game plan shouldn't change so, it makes no difference to them. That's the position LFC are in they're good enough to just worry about playing their own game. Regardless of who's in front of them.
Sure. I agree with most of this, but I do think gamesmanship exists.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
EHLHYzcX4AAUwXN

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Quite a thing to say for a manager that shouldn't even have a job. He might want to try to be within 30 points of Liverpool before making such a statement.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I see Liverpool fans talking again about their favorite subject: Manchester United.

Nope, our favorite subject is the six time and current Champions of Europe.

But when you have a relegation quality manager (in fact the only prize he has won as a manager in England is being relegated) making comments like that about your team, you do have to laugh at them.

Reactions: Chimaera and Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I see Liverpool fans talking again about their favorite subject: Manchester United.
After the game tomorrow they will go back into their current irrelevance to Liverpool. Enjoy true attention while you can. Get back into the title picture and champions league and I will care again.

Liverpool was there when we weren’t challenging, where this was the most important fixture, but it’s not the most important game for them any more. It’s the reverse for Utd now. But of course that makes them dangerous today, especially at home

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Stay classy Chelsea

"Chelsea Supporters Trust" is a fan organization, it's not run by the club. Hopefully their chairman resigns for inserting his homophobic personal beliefs into his job in the supporters trust.

Chelsea has some terrible supporters, but they aren't the only club with this problem in England or Europe.

Reactions: Savant
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad