Preferred Draft Targets For Your Team

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I'm not going to act like I'm an NHL scout or anything. I did my own analysis and tried to gage who Bob Mckenzie is higher on relative to public scout lists. I also combined all the players that were risers on Mckenzie's list. I then used hockeyprospect 1st roynd rankings and saw who they prefer relative to consensus. These are the targets I want my team to draft that match atleast 2/3 qualifications;

Luchanko

Greentree

Parascak

Battaglia

Stiga

Iginla

Badinka

Vanacker

O’reilly

Pulkkinen

Surin

Miettinen

Eriksson

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think Sharks fans would be content with any of the consensus top-13 falling to 14 (the most likely available being Yakemchuk, Parekh, Catton, Iginla, Helenius). We’d be pretty okay with Solberg or Brandsegg-Nygard. Some Sharks fans want Eiserman, most don’t. We wouldn’t love Jiricek. Anyone else is “who” as far as I’m concerned, though Luchenko and Chernyshov are at least reasonable.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I think Sharks fans would be content with any of the consensus top-13 falling to 14 (the most likely available being Yakemchuk, Parekh, Catton, Iginla, Helenius). We’d be pretty okay with Solberg or Brandsegg-Nygard. Some Sharks fans want Eiserman, most don’t. We wouldn’t love Jiricek. Anyone else is “who” as far as I’m concerned, though Luchenko and Chernyshov are at least reasonable.
Well summarized - lots of chaos well distilled. I personally would be stoked if we picked Chernyshov because it means the scouting staff is high on him, despite not seeing him live. I personally think he's the sleeper this year.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
EJ Emery for the Leafs. Freak athleticism. Good size. Elite against the rush and can make a solid first pass. Will just get stronger. Wish he didn't do so well in the combine because he may be gone before the Leafs pick.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas only has three picks in this draft so it wouldn't surprise me if they trade down from 29 and get an extra pick later on.

Bound to be some gems in the 2nd round that either slipped or weren't ranked high enough to begin with.

Poirier or Ritchie would be great adds, but I trust the Stars scouts to zero in on a good choice early on.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
I'll copy this format for 14 or trading up, somewhat ordered in their tiers

Would love: Parehk, Dickinson, Silayev, Buium, Iginla
Would like: Helenius, Yakemchuk, Sennecke, Eiserman, Catton, Solberg
Would accept: MBN, Hage, Emery, Connelly, Jiricek
Don't want: Luchenko, Greentree, Chernyshov

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
For the Blues I just want LD Alfons Freij in the 2nd, aggregate 47th with most lists in so unless he gets a draft day bump he could potentially still be available at 48th though I suspect the Blues are out of range to get him.

At 16th I'm hoping they get one of LD Solberg, RD Emery or RD Jiricek because LD Theo Lindstein needs as much help as he can get.

If they take a forward at 16th and his name isn't Jett Luchanko I'm going to be pissed.
I think 48th might be too low. He's a player that could be picked in the first round and nobody would bat an eye. I think all the teams will be watching him if he makes it to 35.

Reactions: TK 421

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
EJ Emery for the Leafs. Freak athleticism. Good size. Elite against the rush and can make a solid first pass. Will just get stronger. Wish he didn't do so well in the combine because he may be gone before the Leafs pick.
I really doubt the combine would make a big difference with regards to his draft position. His dad was a CFLer and you can just watch him and see how athletically gifted he is. I don't think there were any revelations there.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Since I'm sick I'll do 33, 42, and 53 too.

Would love: Surin, Beaudoin, Emery, Artamanov, Muggli
Would like: Hutson, Elick, Badinka, Parascak, Shuravin, Freij,
Would accept: Fischer, Stiga, Nabokov (53 only), Pulkkinen
Don't want: Howe, Kiviharju, Gidlof, Jecho

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If EJ Emery is available, I think it would be a mistake for the Hurricanes to pass on him.

It'll be interesting, Dundon declared a few years back that they would never take a D in the first round. I questioned making such a definitive statement since there's a stark difference between drafting in the top 10 versus the bottom part of the round.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers at 30, so I'm going to use the McKenzie 20-40 rankings as a reference.

Want:

1. Solberg
2. Letourneau
3. Surin
4. Pulkinnen

Rangers needs are LD and Centers. Solberg is the pipe dream, but it's probably not going to happen. Letourneau and Surin are the most intriguing centers to me likely to go in that range. I think they have the most upside. I typically would scoff at taking a re-draft guy as our first round pick, but I don't love the draft, so I wouldn't at all mind it if we went Pulkinnen. Might be the draft you have to take a risk.

Don't Want:

1. All
2. Of
3. The
4. Wingers

The last thing we need is a winger. Probably my absolute DND player is Gridin. Russian forwards that go the NA route never work, unless they are too good to be screwed up like Svechnikov.

RHD isn't a need. I'd consider it more than a winger, depending on who is available, but LHD and Centers are what I'd be targeting, not RHD.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
As a Penguins fan, I'd just like my team to draft someone who actually becomes a top six forward and not keep on drafting guys who top out as bottom six grinders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad