Prefer Vegas or Winnipeg in 1st rnd?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I think Vegas would make me more nervous.
One of, if not the most consistent team all season.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Although I think the Wild have better chances against Vegas, Wild/Jets would probably be good hockey. I would rather see the Wild beat the Jets than Vegas.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The wild will be Nashville’s first victim, Dallas can then take the jets and leave Vegas for the Avs, thank you very much.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
For the Kings, I'm afraid of neither team. Vegas will be underrated by a lot of people here though. Four line teams perform consistently well in the playoffs.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I wouldn't count the Wild out that easily, they're playing extremely well right now.
Hmmm idk I don't think they will win the cup cuz dubnyk or the entire team will choke unless Erik and koivu play amazing . But I only think Nashville will win the west. Or the kings if Carter gets good again

I think the pens or Tampa will win the cup but idk maybe the wild will surprise me

Unless parise and sutter and staal all play like they where in their primes I don't think they will go far. But it would be cool if they did .

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
To be honest, I've wondered about that myself.
It matters how they wanna play too. Gallant seems like the best coach ever so maybe they will just wear down teams and then win long series if they don't have the talent. They prove everyone wrong every day so I wouldn't want my team to play them

Reactions: bukwas

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I would rather play Winnipeg to be honest. Vegas is dangerous because they have nothing to lose. It's their first season as an expansion team. They have skill and speed but they work hard too. Recipe for success in the playoffs. Fleury also has playoff experience and success in the playoffs. Winnipeg is also a dangerous team in their own ways and they could beat you worse than Vegas might but Vegas is a scary team.

Reactions: Seanaconda

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
The weekly thread of is Vegas real now should scare people .

They shouldn't be winning but they always do . I would avoid them if you could even if Winnipeg has a better team on paper.

The only question is if they have been playing playoff gear all year or if they can somehow get better

But even if they play like they have been all season they are first in their division so

And I doubt they get worse . They are a wildcard cuz its a team of third liners / 3 first liners plus number six 4 dmen . Plus fleury it's such a weird team .

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Idk why people keep saying they have four lines of second liners when you could protect your top two lines unless you went 4and 4 . Most teams went 7 plus three

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Not a Wild fan but a Stars fan here... Vegas 10 times out of 10. f*** the Jets, dont want to go near them in the playoffs. Every time we play them Laine takes a big fat steamy shit on our team and puts up at least a couple points in what always ends up being our most embarrassing game of the year

Reactions: Thrive

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting question will be, which team wins their first ever playoff game (then series) first? If I were the Wild, I'd probably want Vegas. Most of their players aren't used to being "the guy" yet in the playoffs which could take a game or two adjustment with the pressure, and playing on home ice the first two games leaves a lot less room for error. That being said, they do have some guys that have been deep in the playoffs, including their goalie which could be an x-factor. So, I guess to change my answer, it would be what do you have more faith in your own team in? If you have more faith in your defense to keep the puck out of the net, I'd take the Jets. Their goalie MIGHT feel pressure from the playoffs (I don't think he's ever been the starter in a series?). If you have more faith that your team can put the puck in the net rather than keep it out, you might take your chances with Vegas. Fleury has been through several deep playoff runs and has Cup experience (also has had meltdowns in the playoffs), but most/all of their top skaters (even the ones with deep playoff experience) weren't the top guy or probably not even one of the top 3-5 guys on the team.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Either team is likely to beat Anaheim so I'd rather just be the trivia answer to who the first Vegas playoff series was against. And on the off chance Anaheim won, that'd be a feather in the cap too. There's also a built in storyline about Vegas ending Anaheim's streak of 5 straight division titles. Winnipeg doesn't intrigue me. I want Vegas.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
The more I think about it, I've realized that I don't think any team in the west can beat Vegas in a 7 game series.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Jets.

I empathize with them since they have to rely on drafting more than anyone else. The knights will have an easier time grabbing external peices, so their window will be opening more frequently over the years.

Let the jets make something of their window right now.

Edit:. I obviously took the thread title out of context, my bad.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I really don't see Vegas getting past the 1st round. Regular season fluke, they don't have the players to compete in the playoffs.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I’m not Wild fan, but I would prefer Jets as Wild fan.

Wild looks pretty good when opponent has all the power in the offense but lacks a bit good defense. I mean Vegas is just little bit too similar as Wild.

Wild play very tight 5on5 game and so do Vegas. Jets are a bit more go with the flow team with not as good structure.

Underdogs suits Wild so against Jets they have better chance to win.

Jets are currently one of the best defensive teams in the league, please stop talking.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
For the Kings, I'm afraid of neither team. Vegas will be underrated by a lot of people here though. Four line teams perform consistently well in the playoffs.

Connor/Sheifele/Wheeler
Laine/Statsny/Ehlers
Perrault/Little/Roslovic
Copp/Lowry/Armia/Tanev

The Jets aren't a 4 line team?

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Connor/Sheifele/Wheeler
Laine/Statsny/Ehlers
Perrault/Little/Roslovic
Copp/Lowry/Armia/Tanev

The Jets aren't a 4 line team?
You misread my point. No one is grossly underestimating Winnipeg's forward corps. I feel Vegas and their no-names will be underestimated by HFB. In other words, my second point has nothing to do with Winnipeg. It's purely a Vegas and HFB observation.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
I’d prefer Winnipeg. Unproven playoff goalie and all the pressure is on them.

Vegas is playing with house money (no pun intended) and MAF has stolen series on his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad