Prefer Vegas or Winnipeg in 1st rnd?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Maybe because they have been expected to turn the corner for a number of years now and are only now finding success.

Maybe because the franchise has made the playoffs twice in 17 years and have never won a playoff game.

They are a good team, but until they prove that they can win in the playoffs, it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt against more experienced teams.

I think you've substantiated Pred303's point perfectly -
If you must compare, stop comparing the franchise and their record and start comparing the team and players including the changes made and how they've evolved.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think you've substantiated Pred303's point perfectly -
If you must compare, stop comparing the franchise and their record and start comparing the team and players including the changes made and how they've evolved.

Pred303 couldn't understand why people are discounting the Jets. Those are the reasons why.

Win a playoff game and then we'll talk.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pred303 couldn't understand why people are discounting the Jets. Those are the reasons why.

This team has never been in the playoffs. Neither has the VGK team, nor this Leafs team, or this Bruins team, etc., etc.

Teams change year to year, sometimes substantially. Making projects about future playoff performance based on old franchise experience is pretty lame.

Reactions: LowLefty
Nov 24, 2006
Agreed, it's actually nonsensical to say "the Jets franchise has to win a playoff game" before being considered serious. Who from the first Atlanta playoffs is still on the Jets? Who from the team in Winnipeg a few years ago is still on the Jets? This year's team is the only team that counts in any assessment.

Reactions: Aggie204

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Trying to craft your opponent is foolishness, but who should the Wild fans prefer to play? I know I’d sure as hell rather play Vegas even though they’re the higher seed with that gaudy home record.

Your thoughts?
Delete. read the question wrong.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.

oh I understand your point and why many fans discount the jets... but honestly I think that the players and other teams don't.... this isn't your moms first-second year jets or thrashers... this is a deep team, solid on both sides of the puck and in net. not dissing Vegas at all, they are a good team. I just feel the jets are a far more dangerous opponent.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Still confident Winnipeg is winning it all this year. Only teams that are the teams to beat are Nashville, Tampa and Boston.

Nashville's longest losing streak this season is three games. Winnipeg's is three as well. Although, I am aware Nashville beat Winnipeg two of their three meetings so far this season. I think a rivalry is brewing.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Are the Wild a lock to make the playoffs? OP jinxing the team. Only a few point ahead of Dallas the other wild card teams

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
This team has never been in the playoffs. Neither has the VGK team, nor this Leafs team, or this Bruins team, etc., etc.

Teams change year to year, sometimes substantially. Making projects about future playoff performance based on old franchise experience is pretty lame.

I didn't know nobody was defending the Stanley Cup this year. Good to know. Thanks.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jets will crush like grapes any infidel they face in the first round. Wish whoever you want as an opponent... you will remain a rightful underdog.

Reactions: Aggie204

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Other then the Preds the Ducks at my pick to be the team to beat in the PO's. I hope my Jets don't meet then until the 3 round. ;)

I'm a strong believer in just getting to the playoffs and anything can happen.... but this isn't the Ducks year. I've never seen so many legitimate Cup contenders in the same season, and Anaheim isn't one of them. Not in my eyes. They've done little to inspire confidence this year. I would fear the Jets who are deeper and more consistent.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Agreed, it's actually nonsensical to say "the Jets franchise has to win a playoff game" before being considered serious. Who from the first Atlanta playoffs is still on the Jets? Who from the team in Winnipeg a few years ago is still on the Jets? This year's team is the only team that counts in any assessment.

From the Thrashers obviously nobody. From the last playoff team... Buff, Enstrom, Scheifele, Trouba, Wheeler, Little, Perreault, Lowry, Myers, Copp, Chariot. So like.. half their core in Scheif, Trouba and Wheeler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad