Post-Game Talk: Preds vs Stars 10/10 7pm: The "We're excited for the new season!" edition or...the "How many games will Saros miss?" edition.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
A few thoughts on the game:

1. We hit four posts by my count, so between that and the last minute Saros scratch, the hockey gods just weren't with us last night. On other nights, those shots are going in and we win big;
2. Two of the Stars' goals were on pretty bad defensive lapses. It sucks that those happened, but that's also something that can be fixed with coaching and practice;
3. Wedgewood is bad, even as a "backup". He doesn't look comfortable at all out there, so scratching my head how we ended up signing him for the role;
4. In seasons past, I had little to no hope that we could score a 6-on-5 goal in close games. Now we have firepower in abundance and I watched the final 3:00 of the game with a lot more optimism than in the past, and we were almost rewarded with at least a point (refer to item 1 above). We have more scoring potential in this lineup than I've seen in two decades, so as long as our defense isn't completely awful for most of the game and we stay relatively healthy, we should win our fair share of games; and
5. It's great to be playing meaningful hockey again. Between this, playoff baseball and football (both American and otherwise), it's the best time of year to be a sports fan.

It looks like we are going to need 4-5 goals in games that Wedgewood starts. I hope that is a wild overreaction that is completely wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad