GDT: Preds vs Stars 10/10 7pm: The "We're excited for the new season!" edition or...the "How many games will Saros miss?" edition.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
We need this period to end. They aren't any better this period, we've just had some bad luck and... no Saros. We need to regroup and just come back calm and play to the plan.

It's way too early to make this judgment but based on 1 1/2 periods, not being stapled to Forsberg and/or Josi all the time is not flattering for Nyquist
Partly he seems to be pushing too hard. With Forsberg, O'Reilly, Josi, he plays clever hockey and he's good at it, he seems to have a 'I need to drive the play' mentality out of that and he needs to trust the other guys a bit more and play his own game. imo from 1 1/2 periods.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
891379.jpg

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Wedgewood… oof. The squad looks good. Just one of those nights where you feel good about a lot of the offseason moves but realize the importance of a reliable NHL backup. That Askarov trade will be one of NoNeck’s biggest blunders in 5 years.

Hello HF Preds and looking forward to the upcoming season!
I mean Askarov likely wouldn't have been playing either, he's been injured the entire preseason and I'm not sold he will be all of that. That said I never liked the Wedgewood signing.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Anyone know how close Chrona is? :help::help: Jokes aside, when we've played the game we clearly want to we've been fine. I watched the first period of NJ/ML - Jersey should be the class we're playing against and they came out of that period 3-1 with their #1 goalie (ftr I don't rate Markstrom as elite, he's in a cloud below with the likes of Swayman and Ullmark) - neither team looked as good as either us or Dallas in that period and apparently there was only one goal after that so I doubt it improved. Point being, we might take a few games to gel and we need Saros in the big games clearly, but there's a lot of positives so far. It's just a shame the score isn't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad