Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Juuso Parssinen re-signs with the Predators (1 year, $775k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I hoped he would have broken through by now.
Yeah, he already seemed to have broken through the previous season, so in Nashville we were a little taken aback when he seemed to regress last season. He looked so good the year before, we were predicting much bigger and better things for him. Although even coach Brunette acknowledged they didn't really put him in the right positions to succeed in the lineup before they ultimately sent him back down to the AHL.

Parssinen to me should still be a center. He does lack ideal footspeed, but I think he makes up for it well enough in other ways, and shields the puck well and sees his linemates well. As a winger last season I thought it took him out of his comfort zone, away from his strengths as a player. But I don't think the Preds really have room for him at center right now, so he'll probably end up having to adjust? We thought that last year the veteran forwards (Forsberg, O'Reilly, Nyquist) might be spread around a little more to help shelter the younger forwards, which might have given Parssinen more opportunity to play center. But instead they all played together on a line, and it didn't really work out to have Parssinen centering other young players. I guess it could be an option for him to play with Marchessault or Stamkos, but Novak and Sissons will also be in the mix, while McCarron is the likely 4th line center. So Parssinen might have a tough time again getting time up the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I posted this like 2 hours before down below lol. Weird

Anyways I’m glad we got him locked up. That was a hard fought tough negotiation that led into training camp to nail that league minimum deal! Way to go Juuso! Got what you deserved lol

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Bruentte didn't use Tomasino or Parssinen last season and now he has more vets. They should have asked to be traded.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I was so excited I finally broke this one on here and it got ignored and one was posted above an hour later. 🤷‍♂️

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Bruentte didn't use Tomasino or Parssinen last season and now he has more vets. They should have asked to be traded.
Brunette admitted he screwed up with Parssinen, its part of the reason he was sent back down was because they wanted him to get work at Center. The fact they brought him up in the playoffs tells me they are wanting to get him back in.

Tomasino I don't know. He's struggled with two different coaches now. I think some of that revolves around style of play, but there is no doubt he took the offseason off after that first season and it showed when he got to camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad