Preds lines for next season right now

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Well I never in a million years imagined the Stamkos scenario playing it out like it did. So kudos to those who fought my disbelief on that one! I thought Skjei was a realistic target, but as probably the best D on the market figured we might end up settling for Pesce/Zadorov instead. Marchessault I had in my lineup all along.

So we're at...

2024-25 Nashville Predators

Forsberg ($8.5M) - O'Reilly ($4.5M) - Nyquist ($3.185M)
Evangelista ($0.7975M) - Stamkos ($8M) - Marchessault ($5.5M)
Novak ($3.5M) - Glass ($2.5M) - Tomasino (RFA - $0.775M)
Jankowski ($0.900M) - Sissons ($2.857M) - Smith ($1M)
McCarron ($0.900M) - Parssinen (RFA - $0.775M)

Josi ($9.059M) - Fabbro ($2.5M)
Skjei ($7M) - Schenn ($2.75M)
Stastney (RFA - $0.775M) - Lauzon ($2M)
Del Gaizo (RFA - $0.775M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Ekholm retention: $0.250M
Johansen retention: $4M
Turris Buyout: $2M
Duchene Buyout: $5.5556M

TOTAL: $86.8541M
2024-25 NHL Cap: $88M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $1.1459M

So it's pretty much "done" Cap-wise... although in what I'm showing above, I don't know that I really expect Glass or Tomasino to stick around on opening night. I don't think we get to use LTIR for our retention on Johansen? But if we could convert Glass's Cap hit into a RD, that'd be ideal. Maybe they thought they had Carrier fitting in there, but the 6-year term from Carolina scooped them. :dunno:
Alright, so it probably will be Carrier in there on RD afterall, just they need to find somebody to take Glass... and then see if Carrier would take something that is no more than $3.5M per?

I guess they didn't know in enough time how tight the Cap was going to be... could have bought out Glass with just a $400k hit, if nobody is willing to take him.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Alright, so Carrier at $3.75M leaves us over the Cap by guess how much?

Roster below has 24 players, so ditch one of them to try to save us $2.6M... Or ditch 2 and we're good... I'm looking at: one of Glass/Fabbro +one of Tomasino/DelGaizo.

UNLESS there is a Johansen LTIR save that we can apply? (I feel like I looked this up a while back and thought there wouldn't be, but now I forget and am too lazy to check again!)

Skjei ($7M) - Carrier ($3.75M)
Del Gaizo (RFA - $0.775M) - Schenn ($2.75M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

TOTAL: $90.6041M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $-2.6041M

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Personal veiw *assuming no huge trade for a young RHD like Mailloux*:
Either trade schenn or lauzon and run

Stastney schenn or lauzon Stastney as the bottom pair.
Pair carrier with Skjei and fabbro with josi

Josi fabbro
Skjei carrier
Lauzon/stastney/schenn

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Roster below has 24 players, so ditch one of them to try to save us $2.6M... Or ditch 2 and we're good... I'm looking at: one of Glass/Fabbro +one of Tomasino/DelGaizo.

UNLESS there is a Johansen LTIR save that we can apply? (I feel like I looked this up a while back and thought there wouldn't be, but now I forget and am too lazy to check again!)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

That screams trade/buyout schenn. but does it matter? Most of the guys are 30 an up, I smell some 'Vegas LTIR Flu'.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Ordinarily I would think you could still possibly give Glass away for free... there is probably enough Cap space left around the league in some of the tanking locales that you could have done that. Except now that we're actually officially over the Cap, no team is going to do us any favors on that front, and it would probably actually cost us a draft pick to dump him. :(

Which increases the odds of Fabbro being odd-man-out IMHO... because somebody will always find a spot for young RHD.

Reactions: Kat Predator

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Personal veiw *assuming no huge trade for a young RHD like Mailloux*:
Either trade schenn or lauzon and run

Stastney schenn or lauzon Stastney as the bottom pair.
Pair carrier with Skjei and fabbro with josi

Josi fabbro
Skjei carrier
Lauzon/stastney/schenn
I was really excited for josi to have a better partner this season….

Reactions: bdub24

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Thinking about a PP with ROR, Forsberg, Stamkos, Marchesault and Josi is absolutely stupid.
As long as they can get Josi to move the puck and not freaking hold it. Alot of our PP issues is that he won't keep the puck moving which allows the PK time to adjust back. When he isn't doing that is usually when our PP is working.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Schenn, Fabbro, Glass are the three logical trade for draft picks type moves right now ... can't bury their full hit in the AHL.

Reactions: predhead1

EyeofSaros

Feb 28, 2024
I would go with

Nyquist-ROR-Forsberg
Evangelista-Stamkos-Marchy
Novak-Pärssinen-Tomasino
Smith-Mccarron-Sissons

The big question marks are can Stammer play as a center and will Tomasino get a chance. Didn't he play well with Novak two seasons ago? I don't wanna break the first line, so if Stamkos doesn't work as a center maybe you try Pärssinen there and put Evangelista on the third. Hope they find someone to take Glass of the books.

Josi-Fabbro
Skjei-Carrier
Lauzon-Statsney
Del Gaizo
Blankenburg

Didn't even want to put Schenn's name here because the guy really needs to be moved, he was a very bad signing last season. Blankenburg can stunt aswell if someone gets hurt, but would preferably choose Del Gaizo.

PP1
Stamkos-ROR-Marchy
Forsberg-Josi

Do i need to say more lol.

PP2
Novak-Pärssinen-Evangelista
Gus-Skjei

Could see that pp being well balanced. Pärssinen in front of the net with with Novak as playmaker. Don't really know how Carolina used Skjei on the pp.

Schenn, Fabbro, Glass are the three logical trade for draft picks type moves right now ... can't bury their full hit in the AHL.
I think Fabbro is fine but we really need to get rid of Glass and Schenn.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I think Fabbro is fine but we really need to get rid of Glass and Schenn.

Fans see the Josi / Fabbro pairing as working ... Bruno's roster moves indicate he sees things differently.

MDG isn't making this roster as the Preds won't carry 8 D. Glass is the logical move, Novak as well.

Those wanting Schenn traded....He, or better yet his wife was one of the ones who sold Stamkos family on the Preds. That would be a bad look....

The three contracts with limited term remaining and AAVs in the $2.5-3 mil range are the most likely to go. Which of them it is really is immaterial at this point. Sissons would fall in that group as well but he is the multi tool for this organization .... any role, any situation, he can perform at least in the short term. A defender (plus sweetener) to Anaheim for a 3rd wouldn't surprise me.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
1719885851779.png

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ugh, that is brutal. I just saw this too. Trotz is really butchering this offseason so far.

Extending Saros for ridiculous contract, losing askarov as a result for sure and now stupid carrier is back. So our top 2 dmen on the right are once again Fabbro and carrier. SMFH
Update after these moves so far today:

Forsberg Stamkos Marchessault
Nyquist O’Reilly Evangelista
Tomasino Novak Sissons
Smith Jankowski McCarron
Glass/Tomasino

Josi Skjei
Stastney Fabbro
Lauzon Schenn
Del Gaizo

Saros
Askarov
What a difference a day makes, eh?
The Saros extension is completely understandable now that we are going all in..

Speaking of which, gotta change my profile tag line...

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
MDG isn't making this roster as the Preds won't carry 8 D. Glass is the logical move, Novak as well.

Those wanting Schenn traded....He, or better yet his wife was one of the ones who sold Stamkos family on the Preds. That would be a bad look....
Trotz specifically referred to Schenn as one of the Stanley Cup winners when referencing the culture he wants our new FAs to improve.

Reactions: bdub24

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
I can’t really see a scenario that stammer and FF9 aren’t on the same line. Steve can play centre or wing. He’s gonna play centre for us and I can’t see any other way. It’s just too tempting to play him with Filip. If Forsberg did that good with ROR imagine him with SS91??? He will be Stammers new Kucherov.

Also, we need another defenseman. I’m ok with Roman, Skjei and Fabs in the top 4 but none of the others are capable. This team could be so complete if that happens. Send glass down and make one more move.

Loving wedgy as backup over lankinen. Huge improvement.
You might be quite disappointed with Stamkos’ even strength play. Kuch carried him when they played on the same line not at all the other way around. I love Stamkos but he doesn’t bring that much to the table even strength anymore.

Reactions: nullednumbed

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Trotz specifically referred to Schenn as one of the Stanley Cup winners when referencing the culture he wants our new FAs to improve.
If i had to guess 1 player to get moved it would be Novak.

Glass/Fabbro - likely negative values due to last year.
Schenn/Nyquist - part of leadership core brought in for the young players

Ill throw out two other possibilities
Lauzon - doesnt really open much space at 2M.
Sissons - replaced internally by Pärssinen. And now we have alot of veteran depth there is a possibility he moves

Reactions: Dadof5boys

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
It has to be Glass, we don't even have a proper spot for him in the lineup and he's making 2.5M. Coaching staff doesn't seem to like Fabbro so he's my second option.

Stamkos said that Schenn's wife was a big reason his wife got excited about Nashville as well, so I really doubt they move him now. Also, whether you like it or now, we could really use that size on the back-end.

I think we roll into the season with:

Josi - Skjei
Lauzon - Carrier
Statsney - Schenn
MDG

If Fabbro's still around:

Josi - Fabbro
Skjei - Carrier
Lauzon - Statsney
Schenn

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah I think Glass is the guy that will be out. That's 2.5 million you free up for a guy that got jumped in the playoffs when time came. I think if Trotz has no takers he just waives him or does the ole future considerations thing.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I guess if we trade out glass even for future considerations or fabbro (both have a caphit of 2.5 million) then that would give us enough capspace to bring up Pärssinen, Tomasino, and stastney after sending one of Lucchini, McCarron, or Jankowski down and have a roster at 22. Glass probably the preferred choice

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
It wouldn't surprise me to see Jankowski sent to Milwaukee to start the season and one of the younger players up ... started the last two seasons that way.

About $2-4 mil has to go out on top of that for any wiggle room which we will need when the inevitable injuries and sickness happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad