Pre-Game Talk: Preds @ Jets - Fri Oct 17 - 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm surprised PMo is stil going with the skate hard or die practices, that has cause injury and is having the opposite effect, meaning losing. oh well.

haha, I doubt that.

I think PoMo has a bit of a strategy in mind here. I think maybe he's thinking that he wants to commit the first part of this season to really getting the team into super shape so that they can go hard for the remaining portion of the season. I don't think it's a bad idea actually as long as we stay in contention in some way.

In any case, I really think the team has had it too easy the past seasons under Noel...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Man it's frustrating being a Jets fan! I mean could the hockey gods throws us a frikkin bone here?! I was all jazzed up to see what Kane would do with Chef and what happens? 3 minutes into game one Chef takes him out for who knows how long. Sucks big time...

I really hope we get a good showing in this next 5 game stand. Give us something to cheer about guys!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Can someone please bring me up to speed on how potato chips have suddenly become an inside joke related to this team? I.E. that whole "chip gate" thing?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I know one thing - the next time I buy chips, its gonna be a box of OD BBQ for sure! I haven't bought a box in years but when I was a kid, Saturday nights were all about Love Boat, Fantasy Island & Old Dutch BBQ chips! :)

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Mark CHIPman!!!

If I had the time, I'd put a crumpled bag of Rip-L in Chipman's hand, with chips flying everywhere...

ownerfistpump3.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Only a month ago or less there were several posts begging for the season to get started so we would have hockey to talk about instead of contracts and trades and rosters and whatever else it was we argued about all through the off-season. Now, here we are all of 3 games in and it has become very quiet here except for a lot of chatter about beer and snacks. The debates about Chevy, Pavelec and Petan have been exhausted, long since. I'm withholding judgement and comment on several things until more games have been played. I assume others are doing the same. Sigh.

Something that is worth questioning is the lack of a call-up following Kane's injury. This 4 day break would seem to be a perfect time to bring in someone from StJ to fill the hole. Nothing. Why? Does this mean we are going to see more of Peluso and Thor both in the line-up at the same time? I could see the reasoning for a game with LAK but with Nashville coming up isn't it time we saw O'Dell? Or someone else?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I know one thing - the next time I buy chips, its gonna be a box of OD BBQ for sure! I haven't bought a box in years but when I was a kid, Saturday nights were all about Love Boat, Fantasy Island & Old Dutch BBQ chips! :)

lol. Old guy alert.
Da plane, Da plane.

villechaizehervbio.jpg

9075cc2c576ba6e6e3c787ecf18693d9.jpg

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Something that is worth questioning is the lack of a call-up following Kane's injury. This 4 day break would seem to be a perfect time to bring in someone from StJ to fill the hole. Nothing. Why? Does this mean we are going to see more of Peluso and Thor both in the line-up at the same time? I could see the reasoning for a game with LAK but with Nashville coming up isn't it time we saw O'Dell? Or someone else?

Soft tank. :sarcasm:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Only a month ago or less there were several posts begging for the season to get started so we would have hockey to talk about instead of contracts and trades and rosters and whatever else it was we argued about all through the off-season. Now, here we are all of 3 games in and it has become very quiet here except for a lot of chatter about beer and snacks. The debates about Chevy, Pavelec and Petan have been exhausted, long since. I'm withholding judgement and comment on several things until more games have been played. I assume others are doing the same. Sigh.

Yeah I suspect many of us are pretty burned out on the subjects we debated thru the summer. The schedule so far has been a bit odd - only 3 games so far and really not much in the way of surprises. For myself, I'm sorta in "holding my breath" mode. I really don't know at this point where we're at with this year's team. I think we're likely in for a tough season, but there's a whisper in my mind that keeps saying "maybe, just maybe this team can surprise everyone." I'm in a holding pattern right now...

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa

Halischuk moved from the press box to the ice. He's the call-up.

With a 5-game homestand coming up, and another warm body (Peluso) sitting around, it doesn't surprise me they haven't called someone up. They can save a few sheckles on NHL vs. AHL salaries this way, too.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

With a 5-game homestand coming up, and another warm body (Peluso) sitting around, it doesn't surprise me they haven't called someone up. They can save a few sheckles on NHL vs. AHL salaries this way, too.

In that case why don't they just go the whole season with 22 warm bodies? :sarcasm:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I think you want Halischuk playing against his former team. I am not sure O'Dell is ready having missed most of camp. It's hard to make any statements about this team right now. We saw the good in Arizona, we saw the bad, against two elite teams in California. I want to see how we play at home, with the match-up advantage, before I pass any judgment.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
Halischuk scores first goal at MTSC this season, that'll be my prediction, easy.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
October-15-2014-Coach-Maurice-scrum-300x168.jpg

Coach Maurice - Cormier heading back to the IceCaps. Does he worry about Hutchinson’s confidence after he got pulled? Is there anything a coach does to take advantage of home ice? Jumping from pre-season to regular season. What makes Zach Bogosian a good choice to play top minutes? Power play time. Early season concerns with officiating? What is it like having to compensate for Evander Kane? Does the 3rd line need to be more offensive? Adam Lowry talk.

To listen click here.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Obviously there are rules about min rosters sizes. I guess the Jets could carry less than 23 all year. If they wanted to save a few dollars.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Obviously there are rules about min rosters sizes. I guess the Jets could carry less than 23 all year. If they wanted to save a few dollars.

I could be wrong but I believe they can have no more than 23 and no less than 20. As long as they dress 20 including 2 goalies it is up to them.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
omg... for real??? why did i not know this???????

Oh how i've missed the old BBQ from Old Dutch. You're the man, cool guy, thanks for the tip!!

Under the threat of making this thread more off topic,

Unfortunately, your quest for old BBQ will likely be short lived. I suspect that the bags sell faster than boxes so you are just using up old inventory. Once that is gone, the boxes will be the same as the bags. there is no way that Old Dutch is making two different flavours of BBQ

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

Unfortunately, your quest for old BBQ will likely be short lived. I suspect that the bags sell faster than boxes so you are just using up old inventory. Once that is gone, the boxes will be the same as the bags. there is no way that Old Dutch is making two different flavours of BBQ

The bags have been a different flavour for years, though.... (i'm pretty sure?)

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg

I don't remember the exact story but it comes from a different production site. I think there is 3 in Canada and I "think" the one that produces it is the one in Winnipeg. It isn't old stock it's just from a different factory.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I don't see the need to call someone up. With 22 healthy bodies and 4 days between games, why pull someone from the Rock who could be playing games. This is especially true considering the most likely first call up (O'Dell) missed all of camp. Let him get in game shape and call him up when you need to insert him into the line up, instead of calling him up to sub in on the 4th line in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad