LeBrun: Preds interested in stamkos

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Stamkos is probably more of a fit for a near contender kinda team that could use a short term boost to their offense. I'd view the Predators as more of a team that still needs to add some long-term pieces. They did great with what they had last season but I can't imagine they are relying on Gus Nyqvist to be a big part of their future. If I'm them, that cap space should be going to a big fish with lots of years left should the opportunity come along (like a Marner). Its a place where lots of players want to play.

If the Hurricanes don't want to commit big dollars and term to Guentzel would they not be the best fit for Stamkos?

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Stamkos seems to be very close with McDonagh. McDonagh really wanted to get his family back to Tampa - for whatever reason. Apparently his first phone call was to Stamkos telling him he's coming back.

Stamkos, who has a very similar situation with age and family, has had roots in Tampa Bay for 16 years. He's also made exponentially more money in his career than McDonagh.

I guess it's possible, but it would seem odd for him to uproot his family and move to the same team/city that his close friend just requested a return trade from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad