Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Caps 1/6 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If Colorado gets completely healthy I think they will still be the team to beat in the West. That said I don't think they will be as dominate as the previous season.

I'm seriously torn cause I'd love to see the guys go on a tear, but then that means Hynes is back for at least another season and then I want to poke my eyes out.
Anyway, at least if we get into a Wildcard spot, we're not seeing Colorado in Round 1. It would be hilarious to see the jockeying for spots if, imagine, it's us and Colorado who are the wildcard teams. Dallas/Vegas/whoever might be throwing some games late in the season to avoid getting the Avs! :D

But I'll take the playoff hockey. I'm not even sure that Hynes would be gone if we miss, so I'd rather have something to cheer for meanwhile.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
With regards to Hynes and the teams performance. If the team keeps things turned around and makes the playoffs, you kinda have to give Hynes credit, unless you think with a different coach we would be much better and contending for the division title.

I know we question a lot of the individual coaching moves, but at the end of the day, results are all that matter.

When Fabbro was scratched a lot of posts were made assuming that he was done here and going to be traded, etc. But it sounds like the coaches thought he needed to watch a couple of games from the stands to help see what they needed from him, then last night, against a good team, he got put back in with instructions to be more aggressive and from what I'm reading from you guys he responded pretty well.

I'm just a dumb but passionate fan. When we were losing and looking like shit while losing I wanted to fire the coach because that's what fans do. But if we are winning, I am willing to give the coach credit and shut up and enjoy the ride.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
To discuss all year, we have to talk about all year not cherry pick stats. We are 17-14-6. If you count games played only in 2022 we are below 500. We’ve been on the upswing and that is awesome. But you’re cherry picking stats and manipulating narratives. We haven’t been good until this year. Sure we won some games but they didn’t pass the eye test until recently and it’s obviously due to the youth movement we have much needed. Among vets playing like vets and saros playing like saros.

I cite the entire season ... limit your argument to calendar year 2022, then YOU complain about cherry picking? Thanks for the laugh over my coffee.
Now, for 2022 we ended the calendar year portion of 2022-23 season six points behind EDM with 3 games in hand, 7 points behind CGY with 3 games in hand. The turn around started in November with the 6-3-1 run that everyone here conveniently ignores ever happened. Watching you discard entire months of the season to make a hyperbolic claim is intriguing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
With regards to Hynes and the teams performance. If the team keeps things turned around and makes the playoffs, you kinda have to give Hynes credit, unless you think with a different coach we would be much better and contending for the division title.

I know we question a lot of the individual coaching moves, but at the end of the day, results are all that matter.

When Fabbro was scratched a lot of posts were made assuming that he was done here and going to be traded, etc. But it sounds like the coaches thought he needed to watch a couple of games from the stands to help see what they needed from him, then last night, against a good team, he got put back in with instructions to be more aggressive and from what I'm reading from you guys he responded pretty well.

I'm just a dumb but passionate fan. When we were losing and looking like shit while losing I wanted to fire the coach because that's what fans do. But if we are winning, I am willing to give the coach credit and shut up and enjoy the ride.
I have to admit that I've seen enough that it would take something truly epic for me to give Hynes any credit. This team shouldn't be sitting at 40% chance of making a Wildcard spot in a season when so many teams are intentionally tanking. It should be comfortably in 3rd in the dvision at least. And I can't see anything ever changing my mind about how poorly he has handled players like Tolvanen, Fabbro, Glass, and Tomasino.

To get out of this hole, he is going to need a playoff run to the Finals or something. There's too much still wrong with things that I'm not getting carried away about 2 wins where we were outshot 99-46, after all that has gone before.

I still think this team is good enough to possibly sneak into that Wildcard spot, and I'll be cheering for that. But if the team does it, I'm going to put it down entirely as "despite Hynes" instead of giving him any credit. We've seen him long enough to know that he's not the answer.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado and the Preds are as close to a tie in the standings as imaginable at this stage of the season. It's one point either way ... it's that late goal allowed against Dallas or the OTL in Vegas possibly coming back to bite.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
Hopefully it’s all sorted out by the trade deadline. A month ago we were beginning a six-game losing streak. Now it’s rainbows. It’s frustrating, but that’s sports. I certainly wish for them to keep playing well (if playing well means being out shot 2-1 in the last two games).

As an STH, I’m conflicted. If the team does go in the hole I guess logically I do want to see them “rebuild.” But as a fan that goes to dozens of games a year (and still gets a good return on strategically selling the tix I don’t use) I gotta say that I really don’t want to pay for and watch what Chicago and Montreal currently look like for the next three to four years (assuming they trade Ekholm, Fabbro, Saros, etc; a real rebuild). Especially considering that “rebuilding” is a roll of the dice.

So, would I rather see them play above average hockey and squeak in with a good chance of getting bounced in the first round? Yeah, I guess. Just like I want the Titans to win tonight. But if they aren’t going to do that then I guess I would like to see them s*** the bed now rather than after the trade deadline.

All that being said, it’s been a fun week to be a Preds fan.

Nashville sports teams!!

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
I cite the entire season ... limit your argument to calendar year 2022, then YOU complain about cherry picking? Thanks for the laugh over my coffee.
Now, for 2022 we ended the calendar year portion of 2022-23 season six points behind EDM with 3 games in hand, 7 points behind CGY with 3 games in hand. The turn around started in November with the 6-3-1 run that everyone here conveniently ignores ever happened. Watching you discard entire months of the season to make a hyperbolic claim is intriguing.
Nah I just played your game by manipulating stats to fit my narrative. But glad I could make you smile to start your day. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: hido

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I think Fabbro will be traded because he makes 2.4m on the 3rd pairing and is obviously out of favor. They can’t even decide what role they want him to play
Fabbro is the obvious odd-man-out (right now). But, in typical Preds fashion, a D-man will get hurt right before the trade deadline and they will have to keep him if they are in contention. That's why if they are going to move him I hope they do it now.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Hynes will get zero credit with me. This team is winning despite him not because of it. The only reason the team turned around is because his picks got shoved off to the AHL where he couldn't play them anymore.

I don't buy this mess that they have wanted Fabbro to be something else this whole time than what we've seen. If that's the case where was that development concern in previous seasons from the coaching staff? I think it's more likely Hynes is just throwing shit at the wall and trying to keep the heat off his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad