Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Bruins 10/14/23 6:00PM CT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
PP and man advantage overall is confusing because the zone entries and possession look much improved...but they aren't converting the possession into high end chances and certainly not goals.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Well at least we shoot the puck at the net now 6 on 5 as opposed to passing it around until it gets put in the net.
We wasted a good 5-10 seconds trying to force it to Josi though with about :15 left. I know he's got the big boom, but take the shots you've got at that point.

Damn. This loss is squarely on the special teams.
Fire Lavy and McCarthy!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We wasted a good 5-10 seconds trying to force it to Josi though with about :15 left. I know he's got the big boom, but take the shots you've got at that point.

Fire Lavy and McCarthy!
I put that on the coaching staff, if they are trying that hard to get it back to Josi its because that is what they want to see happen. Then again there are enough of last years guys on the ice that it could be a bit of reverting back to old habits.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Remember, we expected a touch and go season; kids making mistakes as they learn.
I am actually enjoying the games more so far, new system looking good, 5 on 5 Preds playing tough, encouraging.
Must work on PP a lot; that will come around.
But the PK is mysterious with D basically intact and PK forwards mostly vets. But the big E is an Oiler and he has not been replaced; won’t be!
Thought, after all these years, I understood penalty shots. I apparently don’t(or maybe it’s one of those NHL emphases to the refs).
Well, problems as expected, correctable and TB and Boston on the road is not exactly chopped liver and Preds were right there 5 on 5; dominating frequently.
5 on 5=B+(absolutely must finish)
Everything else=F

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Our defense the last two games is the post deadline starting 6 from last season (until Josi got hurt). Offensively we moved out Joey and Duchene for ROR and Nyquist ... who really replace McCarron and Jankowski from the Mar-Apr lineup after injuries. Same duo between the pipes. All of the kids were on the big club down the stretch last season with even Evangalista getting 24 NHL games ... Pärssinen had 45. The big change is Bruno, not the roster.

A 66.7% PK and 7.1% PP are horrible numbers which don't include the two allowed penalty shots. Sissons is responsible for over 1/3 of the goal total ... but for some reason I don't expect his 33.3% shooting to hold up long term. Tomasino without a SOG through three games.

5on5 isn't generating goals. The team has 8 total goals. One shorty, two 6 on 5 with the extra attacker for a delayed penalty, one 5 on 6 with Pärssinen's empty netter, one PP goal ... so three 5on5 goals through three games.

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
They’re pushing the pace and generating a lot of chances, so I guess that’s good news. They just have find a way to start burying some of those chances.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
They’re pushing the pace and generating a lot of chances, so I guess that’s good news. They just have find a way to start burying some of those chances.
We all knew coming in that scoring will be an issue for this team.

Let's not act surprised when it actually has proven to be the case.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
We all knew coming in that scoring will be an issue for this team.

Let's not act surprised when it actually has proven to be the case.
I would just like to see a little more icetime for our "Big Four" young guns... Parssinen, Novak, Tomasino, Evangelista... even with any expected defensive warts, I feel like they could be seeing the ice a little more, ideally. :dunno:

And a lot of the pre-season movement on the PP was more on account of a couple of these guys. If we need help on the PP atm, I am for cranking up some icetime for them in that area especially.

Reactions: hockey diva

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Watching the PP, I'm wondering how Kemell is doing in Milwaukee. Is he holding his own?
Must hold back on Kemell. His job this year is to acclimate, learn and grow; mostly in Milwaukee. His job is not to boost the Pred’s PP. If Tomasino, Evangilista and Parssinen can’t be coached to boost it then Preds problem is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad