Lankinen

Blue Jackets Lineup
TBD

Last edited:
Reactions: sparkle twin

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Hope the boys manage to play at least one period of hockey without taking any penalties (especially dumb stick penalties).

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hope the boys manage to play at least one period of hockey without taking any penalties (especially dumb stick penalties).
I have a hard time blaming them tooooooo much for some of these "dumb stick penalties". So much of what's dumb about them just comes from the game management decisions made by the refs. If they really called a penalty every single time any player touched another with his stick, there'd be dozens of such calls each game. But instead they just randomly pick a small fraction of them in order to arbitrarily manage the flow of the game. Many of the calls have been extremely weak.
:dunno:

Heck, it's to the point now that a player can reach down, grab an opponent's stick, wedge it under his arm, and pick up a PP. The chicken wing is the diving of 2022.
:mad:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't mind seeing Sherwood back in for another look. Well, vs. Sanford anyhow. Lauzon seems to me like a guy who should play every night, but I get that until we have that first injury on D, it's tough to sit Boro since he also brings energy and could play every night too. :dunno:

If we don't have another back-to-back for a whole month, I hope that doesn't mean we need to just ride Saros as heavily as last year either. It's early, so not entirely clear if he's back to his slower starting habit, but... a few more looks to Lankinen as long as he plays well might not be a bad idea either. :dunno:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
We've been on the powerplay 21 times versus 22 times shorthanded so despite taking a lot of penalties we're at least drawing them at close to the same amount at least overall . The Kings game was actually the only one we've had a large negative penalty differential. The problem is from we've scored 1 goal on our power plays versus giving up 4 goals when we've been shorthanded. We've also given up a shorthanded goal so our net special teams scoring is -4.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I have a hard time blaming them tooooooo much for some of these "dumb stick penalties". So much of what's dumb about them just comes from the game management decisions made by the refs. If they really called a penalty every single time any player touched another with his stick, there'd be dozens of such calls each game. But instead they just randomly pick a small fraction of them in order to arbitrarily manage the flow of the game. Many of the calls have been extremely weak.

Heck, it's to the point now that a player can reach down, grab an opponent's stick, wedge it under his arm, and pick up a PP. The chicken wing is the diving of 2022.
Interesting fact. Being a heavily penalized team is apparently a bonus feature of Hynes’ style of hockey.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Yeah ... the obvious trips, slashes on the gloves, and cross checks are "game management" ... right. The chicken wings should be called but that doesn't negate the violations by our guys.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Interesting fact. Being a heavily penalized team is apparently a bonus feature of Hynes’ style of hockey.
Top ten as the measure is using a third of the league then as the basis. This season is the franchise's highest times shorthanded per game through five games .... 2017-18 remains the worst for a full season (Lavy), then last season (Hynes), and 2010-11 (Trotz).

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
At the considerable risk of completely jinxing everything… I wish we could play Columbus more often! (Like every other game would be alright…). :oops:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
We started strong, but that second powerplay was pretty bad and gave Columbus some momentum.

Nice to see us draw penalties, but I fear the "evening up" factor.

Almost a full 2 minutes to start, let's score a PPG here, Preds!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Dammit, Forsberg. Wipes out a beauty of a Josi goal.

That's really unacceptable. He was standing there, no one was within 10 feet of him and he just went in on his own. Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad