News Article: Preds 2020 WINTER CLASSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
How do the sizes work? My jerseys are older and are a traditional 2XL.

I'm looking at the sizing chart and it says 2X is equal to a 56. Can I trust that this is going to be the right size?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
How do the sizes work? My jerseys are older and are a traditional 2XL.

I'm looking at the sizing chart and it says 2X is equal to a 56. Can I trust that this is going to be the right size?

Crap. I ordered a 50 because that's what size blazer I wear. Hopefully it's big enough.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Finally booked the flight, hotel and rental. Everything, including game ticket, sets me back about $750.

I could resale my ticket for 2/3 of that based on what I'm seeing on TM.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

Stars jersey released today. Pretty sweet in my opinion. Gloves and pant combo are especially awesome. Should be a good looking matchup although I still wish we'd gone Gold vs. Green. Wonder when we'll get a full kit view.

Reactions: LCPreds

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
It's pretty good but not great, and maybe it's my own bias, but I think the Preds jersey is several notches better than the Stars. I do think the Stars jersey itself is better as a standalone than it is with the gloves/pants/socks, just the sweater itself is very nice.

I do wish the Preds stripes had been wider to showcase more gold, but it's just a small thing and it's really great as is.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I can see getting one of these Dallas jerseys. For my Stars-lovin' offspring, that is. Can't really see getting the Preds one. I give the victory to Dallas in the fashion war. Now let's see how things go on the ice. I have scores to settle after last year's playoff civil war.
:fight:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I can see getting one of these Dallas jerseys. For my Stars-lovin' offspring, that is. Can't really see getting the Preds one. I give the victory to Dallas in the fashion war. Now let's see how things go on the ice. I have scores to settle after last year's playoff civil war.
:fight:
And I'm just the opposite. I'm not usually into the fashion part of the game but I really don't like the design of the Dallas sweater.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
FYI everyone,

These jerseys are now available as of today on eBay for $39.99 with free shipping. I just got mine, just thought I would let you all know. Expected delivery is 3 weeks so in time for game as well.

Cheers!

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
You mean a knock off jersey is available on ebay.
Sure lol. I buy them all of the time and can’t even tell the difference. Same material made in same warehouse, just not during adidas hours.

For 1/7 of the price I’m fine with it! Lol

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Just wanted to mention this to you guys though, I know we all can’t afford $300 plus for a jersey but we all probably want one. I ordered arvy and duchene :)

Really pumped about these jerseys!

Reactions: Marty Party

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Let us know how they look. Our regular sweaters from China look hideous.
I will post a couple pictures once they arrive for sure. Usually this guy on eBay does a fantastic job. They are made in same warehouse with sand materials used for the “official” ones. It was explained to me that they can purchase the materials after hours and stay and make jerseys to sell. I just think spending $300 plus on a jersey is crazy, it’s reslly just a shirt lol.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I will post a couple pictures once they arrive for sure. Usually this guy on eBay does a fantastic job. They are made in same warehouse with sand materials used for the “official” ones. It was explained to me that they can purchase the materials after hours and stay and make jerseys to sell. I just think spending $300 plus on a jersey is crazy, it’s reslly just a shirt lol.

It was explained to you that the counterfeit you bought is made through shady measures and you felt it was such a wonderful thing that you spread the word?

Reactions: cjerina

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
It was explained to you that the counterfeit you bought is made through shady measures and you felt it was such a wonderful thing that you spread the word?

Lol oh man.

Ok so the people that make the jerseys you buy from “officially licensed” NHL vendors make pennies per hour to make these jerseys. NHL makes a killing off of these when you pay $300 plus for them. So yeah when these people who make pennies get to buy some of the same exact material and they make their own jerseys and sell them on eBay. That is how these poor people make their real living, certainly not from the official adidas ones. So yeah it supports them and their families a lot better than their real jobs do, and it is not illegal or it would not be allowed to be sold on eBay and mailed across ocean.

Also, all I was doing was mentioning to you all. Some of us may not be as wealthy as others but really want one of these jerseys. So I just wanted to share with you all for those of us that are not rich to buy $300 jerseys. If you don’t want one then don’t buy one, but others may have been interested.

Don’t be so sour.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Lol oh man.

Ok so the people that make the jerseys you buy from “officially licensed” NHL vendors make pennies per hour to make these jerseys. NHL makes a killing off of these when you pay $300 plus for them. So yeah when these people who make pennies get to buy some of the same exact material and they make their own jerseys and sell them on eBay. That is how these poor people make their real living, certainly not from the official adidas ones. So yeah it supports them and their families a lot better than their real jobs do, and it is not illegal or it would not be allowed to be sold on eBay and mailed across ocean.

Also, all I was doing was mentioning to you all. Some of us may not be as wealthy as others but really want one of these jerseys. So I just wanted to share with you all for those of us that are not rich to buy $300 jerseys. If you don’t want one then don’t buy one, but others may have been interested.

Don’t be so sour.

No criticism from me- but please share pics of your jersey when you get it. I have never seen a knock-off jersey that I would be willing to pay money for, no matter how cheap it was. The ones I have seen, I would rather have no jersey...….

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Lol oh man.

Don’t be so sour.

I'm not "sour" that you just admitted to, and attempted to rationalize, criminal behavior. You just revealed much about your morals and level of ability to twist reality to rationalize your behavior.

If you can't afford something then don't buy it. You rationalize criminal acts then go to great lengths to rationalize it. It IS illegal. The fact ebay permits is so far is that it hasn't been reported as selling counterfeits which is illegal.

Try again since logic and common sense have failed you so far. Or accept that everything you've attempted as a rationalization so far is wrong and just stop.

Reactions: Viqsi and cjerina

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
No criticism from me- but please share pics of your jersey when you get it. I have never seen a knock-off jersey that I would be willing to pay money for, no matter how cheap it was. The ones I have seen, I would rather have no jersey...….

Yeah like more power to ya if you're happy with how it looks, but the Chinese knockoffs I've seen are all obviously fake. In particular, the sabre tooth cat logo tends to be stretched out and the jersey material looks way cheaper so I'm not sure I believe they are made from the same materials in the same factory. Then again I suppose it's possible that there are knockoffs that are perfect replicas and I'd never notice since they look perfect.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The knockoffs are technically illegal though, aren't they? It's a copyright infringement if an unlicensed manufacturer sells them. Not that it's particularly enforced. Sort of like livestreaming games or in the old days copying tapes or CDs. Definitely no criticism implied - but if you value your dealer it might be better not to draw too much attention to him? :dunno:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I'm not "sour" that you just admitted to, and attempted to rationalize, criminal behavior. You just revealed much about your morals and level of ability to twist reality to rationalize your behavior.

If you can't afford something then don't buy it. You rationalize criminal acts then go to great lengths to rationalize it. It IS illegal. The fact ebay permits is so far is that it hasn't been reported as selling counterfeits which is illegal.

Try again since logic and common sense have failed you so far. Or accept that everything you've attempted as a rationalization so far is wrong and just stop.
Actually what I said was correct. I have a friend that worked in the Reebok factory when nhl jerseys were made by Reebok and this is exactly the procedure. I do not see how it would be different buying them from adidas as both are manufactured in Asia. These people that work for slave labour rates rely on people buying their jerseys they manufacture after hours, and Reebok/adidas permits them to do so so I do not see why your ass is so chapped over this. If you want to spend $300 plus on a jersey someone made for pennies than to me that’s not cool. I used to buy Nike shoes but refuse to now as the people making them are kids getting paid peanuts. But hey if you wanna support that kind of stuff then cool. NHL charges ridiculous amounts for jerseys that cost literally pennies to make. That’s the true crime.

I don’t care if you think I’m a hardened criminal and may end up doing a life sentence for purchasing jerseys on eBay that weren’t made during regular adidas manufacturing hours. All i was doing was telling you all that there is options to get them cheaper. If you don’t want to buy one that is your prerogative my friend. I will post pictures as others have requested to show the quality from the ebay sellers. Buying them from “jersey sites” are always garbage jerseys with stretched out symbols and crappy material, eBay are legit ones.

Have you ever downloaded a song? Burned a CD? J walked? Steamed a game?

Anyways, I respect your opinion and am not going to belittle you. To each their own my friend.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I've read through this whole ridiculous thread and the only thing I have to say is that the Winter Classic Jerseys aren't 300 plus dollars.

Hope that was helpful, I'm really trying here...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad