Predict your final four in the year 2028-29

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
This whole website is pointless. Any post you or I or anyone makes is pointless. Why are you here?
The player turnover on an NHL team in a span of 5 years is huge. Most teams didn't even retain 5 or 6 players from 5 years ago. Close to impossible to predict what will happen in 5 years from now. Not much different than predicting the final four in the year 2049-50.
Empty calorie thread because realistically, very little can be discussed. Too many variables. I'm here for the threads where there can be an actual discussion.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Toronto*-San Jose-Buffalo-Chicago

Final Four for the Draft Lottery

*Boston owns Toronto's 1st somehow again.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
The player turnover on an NHL team in a span of 5 years is huge. Most teams didn't even retain 5 or 6 players from 5 years ago. Close to impossible to predict what will happen in 5 years from now. Not much different than predicting the final four in the year 2049-50.
Empty calorie thread because realistically, very little can be discussed. Too many variables. I'm here for the threads where there can be an actual discussion.
Whaaaaa???? That's CRAZY! So I shouldn't bet a million dollars on it? Whew! I can assure you my only goal for this thread was to get the most common denominators so I can invest my life savings and in no way was the intention just to start a fun thread to kill time before game 1 on Saturday.

Thanks for chiming in. You probably saved my house!

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Whaaaaa???? That's CRAZY! So I shouldn't bet a million dollars on it? Whew! I can assure you my only goal for this thread was to get the most common denominators so I can invest my life savings and in no way was the intention just to start a fun thread to kill time before game 1 on Saturday.

Thanks for chiming in. You probably saved my house!
Oh no, I insist. You should bet your life savings on it.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
You didn't give an answer. You just whined about how it was pointless like some sports Nihilist

Clearly HF should delete all threads and only have one single GDT on Saturday. Everything else is pointless.
Much the same as life itself my brother! s-l1200.jpg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Pretty flattered by the Devils comments, it makes sense and they're due for a few rough losses to learn how to win in the playoffs so the 28-29 year makes sense. They could also be super ahead of schedule with the cup window like they decided to pull out the 22-23 out of their asses.

I'll go: Chicago - Central (they're going to start rolling here soon imo with the Bedard era and 28-29 makes sense where the Avs/Dallas/teams in that division are a bit older and the Hawks talent rises to the top) The Pacific - Ducks (same thing as Chicago), Metro: Devils (homer vote) but I can see a team like the Flyers with Michkov being really good or the Canes as well and then the Atlantic: Buffalo (fun answer)

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Buffalo vs NJ. They both eventually figure it out.

SJ vs Anaheim. This rivalry gets renewed once again as these two are the class of the west.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
We're at a lull until the cup finals start. Nothing else is happening so what the hell. Pick your Conference finalists in five years

West:
Minnesota: I just see them retooling on the fly. Wallstedt should be a legit 1, and they have the young talent in Yurok and Rossi and Boldy not to mention KK will only be 32.
Vancouver Canucks: Dunno, they just seem like they have a team that will age well. Hughes and EP40 will still be under 30, They have some nice prospects and Demko/Sivlovs is still a good young combination

East:
Montreal: I think they've done a nice job stockpiling talent at all the right positions and if Fowler can be a legit 1 then good on them, Caufield, Slaf and Suzuki still in their mid to late 20s and they have some great D-prospects in the system who should be core pieces in 5 years (Hutson, Rein, Mallioux,
New Jersey: Great mix already and 5 years of seasoning for the super young kids like Mercer, Hughes and Nemec will be like Colorado acouple years back. Goaltending is always gonna be an issue until it isn't, but at worst, Shmid, Daws, Brennan couple be at least serviceable and still under the age of 30.
Beard - have some faith as a fellow Sharks fan. Should be back competing by then!

This whole website is pointless. Any post you or I or anyone makes is pointless. Why are you here?
Beard - you’ve been Devin Cooley all along?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We're at a lull until the cup finals start. Nothing else is happening so what the hell. Pick your Conference finalists in five years

West:
Minnesota: I just see them retooling on the fly. Wallstedt should be a legit 1, and they have the young talent in Yurok and Rossi and Boldy not to mention KK will only be 32.
Vancouver Canucks: Dunno, they just seem like they have a team that will age well. Hughes and EP40 will still be under 30, They have some nice prospects and Demko/Sivlovs is still a good young combination

East:
Montreal: I think they've done a nice job stockpiling talent at all the right positions and if Fowler can be a legit 1 then good on them, Caufield, Slaf and Suzuki still in their mid to late 20s and they have some great D-prospects in the system who should be core pieces in 5 years (Hutson, Rein, Mallioux,
New Jersey: Great mix already and 5 years of seasoning for the super young kids like Mercer, Hughes and Nemec will be like Colorado acouple years back. Goaltending is always gonna be an issue until it isn't, but at worst, Shmid, Daws, Brennan couple be at least serviceable and still under the age of 30.
Without looking at it too closely and just a first blush gut reaction I'm going with the Sabers and Red Wings in the East and maybe Dallas/Chicago in the West?

Will provide more details at a later date but before 28-29.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Beard - have some faith as a fellow Sharks fan. Should be back competing by then!

Beard - you’ve been Devin Cooley all along?
with a little bit of Bryzgalov sprinkled in.

Pretty flattered by the Devils comments, it makes sense and they're due for a few rough losses to learn how to win in the playoffs so the 28-29 year makes sense. They could also be super ahead of schedule with the cup window like they decided to pull out the 22-23 out of their asses.

I'll go: Chicago - Central (they're going to start rolling here soon imo with the Bedard era and 28-29 makes sense where the Avs/Dallas/teams in that division are a bit older and the Hawks talent rises to the top) The Pacific - Ducks (same thing as Chicago), Metro: Devils (homer vote) but I can see a team like the Flyers with Michkov being really good or the Canes as well and then the Atlantic: Buffalo (fun answer)
Jersey should be right in that sweet spot. All of their core will still be in their mid to late 20s. Solve that goaltending issue or don't, either way they'll be like Colorado is now.

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Columbus hasn’t finished higher than 3rd in their division and made the second round once in their 24 seasons of existence. So no, no one is penciling in your team for a conference finals appearance.
Columbus has the best prospect pool they've had in the history of there Franchise

Fantilli and Jiricek are potential franchise players, they finally have a decent GM plus a high pick this year. So yes they very well could be there in 5 years

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Chicago
Detroit
New Jersey
Philadelphia

I think Detroit sneaks up on everybody similar to how Carolina did in 2019 but in a much better fashion. And they'll have their glory once again. In fact, I think they'll have a Dynasty in the late 20's that lasts throughout the 30's.

Final four

West - Chicago vs Vancouver
East - Detroit vs Philadelphia

Last edited:

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
Chicago
Detroit
New Jersey
Philadelphia

I think Detroit sneaks up on everybody similar to how Carolina did in 2019 but in a much better fashion. And they'll have their glory once again. In fact, I think they'll have a Dynasty in the late 20's that lasts throughout the 30's.
Three from the East and one from the West?

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Feels like you gotta be good for a decent while to make the CFs or win the SC, but teams can have one turnaround season and make the final 4 like we saw last year with the devils and almost with Seattle.

West: Stars and Ducks
East: Devils and Red Wings

HM to the Ducks and Blue jackets who I think will breakout over the next 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad