Predict what name the Bell Centre will have

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Boston Bruins played in the Boston Garden..they knocked it down in the late 1990's built a new rink.....today the rink is named the TD Garden.

So , if the Bruins can reclaim their history , why the heck can't Montreal reclaim ours and bring back the Forum?

TD bank just resigned to continue naming right at The TD Garden until 2045

Lets make it right, bring back the Forum a name with such success and history......get rid of Centre

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
The Boston Bruins played in the Boston Garden..they knocked it down in the late 1990's built a new rink.....today the rink is named the TD Garden.

So , if the Bruins can reclaim their history , why the heck can't Montreal reclaim ours and bring back the Forum?

TD bank just resigned to continue naming right at The TD Garden until 2045

Lets make it right, bring back the Forum a name with such success and history......get rid of Centre

Agreed. Just make it the BMO/TD/SCOTIABANK/DESJARDINS/RBC/LAURENTIAN/CIBC Forum

who cares which company sponsors it, we'll call it the Forum anyway lol

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I disagree. The old forum isn't the Forum anymore. It's a farce. It's the history of the team that matters, not the physical building. I'd call it the X Forum
It's definitely still the old Forum, even if hockey isn't played there anymore. Some of the seats are still there and the ghosts clearly never took that trip down Saint-Catherine and De La Montagne. I wouldn't disrespect them like that unless you made a clear distinction and called it the "New Forum" but even that feels a bit icky.

Let's spitball a few:
  • Call the Bell Centre something else to do with our history. We played the pass-the-torch game for over two decades, call it the Kiln or something like that.
  • Or lean on Montreal being the birthplace of hockey and call it the Cradle or the Manger (which will exponentially increase the number of people calling us crybabies, so let's not do that one lol).
  • Maybe the Mecca? Centre of the hockey universe (no matter what other certain abject failures of a franchise have to say).
  • The Station? Windsor station attached to it, afterall.
  • Minas Tirith? It's where the King of Gondor lives, and Aragorn's heart certainly lives there.
  • The Corral, in honour of the cowboy who kept it in order: Carey Price

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
They won’t call it the Forum. And it’s not because of the old building; they know that the folks will just call it the Forum and will never market the sponsor’s name. Whereas the Centre never gets called that; people carry the sponsor’s name, as Centre is rather generic.

Reactions: Runner77

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
could they change also the number and street name of the adresse ?
I can see "24 And Counting street" , Montreal :D

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Do what the Chiefs and Broncos did.

GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium or Empower Field at Mile High Stadium.

Molson Arena at the Montreal Forum

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Do what the Chiefs and Broncos did.

GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium or Empower Field at Mile High Stadium.

Molson Arena at the Montreal Forum

vomiting-puking.gif

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Every ad I ever get while streaming sports anymore is either for a dick pill, an online betting site or for freaking raid shadow legends. Just make it the ''Bluechew-Bet99-RAID'' center and be done with it.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
They won’t call it the Forum. And it’s not because of the old building; they know that the folks will just call it the Forum and will never market the sponsor’s name. Whereas the Centre never gets called that; people carry the sponsor’s name, as Centre is rather generic.

If that is the true reason why they will not rename the Bell Centre back to our iconic name Forum, then the people in charge should shake their heads.

The owner in Boston does not seem to worry about it nor does TD Bank.....All it takes is the TD company logo in front Garden, and all good .
In Montreal it can be the same, company logo in front of Forum and it works perfectly. The same way Boston and TD does not worry about
people just calling it the Garden (I'm goIng to the Garden tonight to watch the Bruins )...Every game on TV the TD Bank gets the big plug
from the announcers...all in house promo stuff etc...why not in Montreal ? The sponsor of the Forum gets their logo blast on the boards
during all TV broadcasts during game......at the start of all games welcome to the (company name )Forum.
Screenshot_20240506-105110_kindlephoto-31739639.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad