Predict the Habs' record for October

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That my friend is a YIKES start to the season.

I really don't have a good feeling about this team and those coaches. I believe some players over performed last season while some others are just stagnating.

Laine wouldn't have changed all that much but his absence does leave another hole that nobody will be able to fulfilled. It feels a lot like a typical Habs team. A 1st line that is alright but everyone else is like bottom 6 material.. and with a defense that is far from optimal. We had a really shitty defense last season (as goal allowed) and I don't believe it's because we started with 3 goalies

As an addendum, I'd say most losses will be by 1 goal. I'm expecting to be destroyed by Toronto tomorrow

Reactions: Rapala

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
magic8ball-simpsons.gif

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
4W
5L
2 OT L
———————-
10pts
Question is = how many points do we need for the tank commanders to wait until november before complaining after a W ?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I really don't have a good feeling about this team and those coaches. I believe some players over performed last season while some others are just stagnating.

Laine wouldn't have changed all that much but his absence does leave another hole that nobody will be able to fulfilled. It feels a lot like a typical Habs team. A 1st line that is alright but everyone else is like bottom 6 material.. and with a defense that is far from optimal. We had a really shitty defense last season (as goal allowed) and I don't believe it's because we started with 3 goalies

As an addendum, I'd say most losses will be by 1 goal. I'm expecting to be destroyed by Toronto tomorrow
Your guess is a good as anyone else's.
The questions this team faces are numerous.
But with only 14 teams having had a 20 plus or better GF/GA last season there are plenty dud points to be had.
If we manage 82 points it shouldn't surprise anyone anything less would be disappointing IMO.
Our team isn't tough but is has showed tenacity these past two seasons considering the personnel who saw ice time.
We should have better call ups which can't hurt.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They did win the first two games 3-0 and 5-0. They went 2-4 in the preseason.

However, the guys didn't get to play a lot together. For example, Cole, Nick, and Slaf only played two games together. Dach played one game with Laine and Newhook. The second game together, Laine gets hurt. And the third game Dach played, he was with Roy and Laine.

It really was one of the weirdest training camps I've seen. Usually, the last game is basically your full roster. Neither Sens nor the Habs dressed their regulars. And because of that, the first few games might not be as smooth because guys haven't had a chance to really chase the rust.
Worst preseason ever!

1728425564297.png

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad