Predict the Habs' record for October

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The season begins tomorrow!

The Habs play 11 games in October, 7 at home, 4 away. Predict our record and how the team looks by the end of the month.

1728387201064.png

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Whichever combinations leads to a bit above .500, since that's less or more what they had the last two seasons in October and they can't really do any worst.

5-4-0 back in 2022.
5-2-2 last year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gonna be bold and say 6-4-1

They’ll win 4 of the 7 home games, losing to Toronto sadly to open.

The OT loss will be to St. Louis.

We will lose to Philly, SEA and WSH.

To anyone paying attention, yes, we are gonna go 0-3-1 to end October.

This is another record I think also. I decided to be more hopeful.

I was looking at 6 wins as well. 4 at home and 2 on the road but decided to lower it to 5 wins. 3 at home and 2 on the road.

We will see. I can see them doing very well or struggling. Difficult to predict with a young roster but I do think they will have lots of energy. It's going to come down to team D/goaltending and if we have a solid PP

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
1-1-1 this week

6-3-2 this month.

Don’t underestimate how sick of losing Suzuki, Caufield and Slaf are. Nick is a real winner and looks hungry as hell.

The D looked good in preseason.

Bottom 6 still sucks ass though and will be our undoing by not taking over when 1st line hits a cold spell later on.

I’m optimistic for a good start. They’ll falter later on.

I also took a large bet on Habs doing the playoff before Laine got hurt so I’m even more biased then usual

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Previously said 5-5-1 but going to guess each game.

Leafs at home: Loss
Bruins on the road: Loss
Sens at home: OT Win
Pens at home: Win
Kings at home: Win
Islanders on the road: Loss
Rangers at home: Loss
Blues at home: Win
Flyers on the road: OT Loss
Kraken at home: Loss
Caps on the road: Win

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
The season begins tomorrow!

The Habs play 11 games in October, 7 at home, 4 away. Predict our record and how the team looks by the end of the month.

View attachment 913389
I think we'll probably have regulation losses against Toronto, Boston, LA and the Rangers. Then across the rest of the games I could see us going 4-2-1 for a record of 4-6-1 on the month.

Reactions: Lshap

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Leafs at home: Loss
Bruins on the road: Loss
Sens at home: win
Pens at home: Win
Kings at home: OTL
Islanders on the road: win
Rangers at home: Loss
Blues at home: Loss
Flyers on the road: win
Kraken at home: win
Caps on the road: Win

6-4-1

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We didn't win a single preseason game.

Shit don't look good.

They did win the first two games 3-0 and 5-0. They went 2-4 in the preseason.

However, the guys didn't get to play a lot together. For example, Cole, Nick, and Slaf only played two games together. Dach played one game with Laine and Newhook. The second game together, Laine gets hurt. And the third game Dach played, he was with Roy and Laine.

It really was one of the weirdest training camps I've seen. Usually, the last game is basically your full roster. Neither Sens nor the Habs dressed their regulars. And because of that, the first few games might not be as smooth because guys haven't had a chance to really chase the rust.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It really was one of the weirdest training camps I've seen. Usually, the last game is basically your full roster. Neither Sens nor the Habs dressed their regulars. And because of that, the first few games might not be as smooth because guys haven't had a chance to really chase the rust.
Second year in a row the Sens do not send their top forwards in the last pre-season game. ;)

And teams aren't actually well set until November. Something like 90% of lines have been blended by November and team systems/sync takes ~10 games to set properly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad