Post-Game Talk: Predators vs Red Wings - The get your Sh@t together or get out edition. 10/19/24@1PM CDT

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We've saw the same under Hynes as well though. Tolvanen, Tomasino, Parsinnen, Fabbro... One of the other things that has been super frustrating is we seem to find these big holes in our prospects games that keep them in the doghouse. Either we really suck at talent evaluation leading up to drafting or we really suck at developing the flaws out of their games through our pipeline. And, again, our front office and coaching seem to not be on the same page with this.

WTF are we extending Fabbro at all when we're just going to doghouse him? Etc...
Nashville sucks at how their players are used.

They have excellent coaching at the AHL level and lousy coaching at the NHL level.

I was the first person to call for Hynes to be fired. I think that Brunnette's time is running out!

Maybe Trotz can turn things around? Or find a good coach who can bring out the skills of players rather than masking them or having them sit in a press box.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Coaches don't generally change their styles much outside of minor tweaks and adjustments. It's a big component of why new coach bumps happen is that it'll afford a new style/paradigm. GM and coach have to be in the same page, which was failing near the end of Ppile's tenure and seems to also be going on under Trotz.

Buying a very stationary, very expensive forward for a coach that wants to play a pressing, uptempo style is a miss on Trotz's part. Continuing to have a gaping hole at 2C is on Trotz. Having only two defensemen that can transition the puck for such a system is also a big miss by Trotz. Signing a goalie long-term that has increasingly struggled with giving up transition goals is also questionable.

TLDR, I think there's plenty of places to slot blame at the moment

Been a huge issue going back to the loss of Hornqvist. We don't acquire players that are willing to fill this role and we don't instill it in them either.
Like these guys?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad