Post-Game Talk: Predators vs Red Wings - The get your Sh@t together or get out edition. 10/19/24@1PM CDT

nullednumbed

Jun 27, 2022
Buying a very stationary, very expensive forward for a coach that wants to play a pressing, uptempo style is a miss on Trotz's part. Continuing to have a gaping hole at 2C is on Trotz. Having only two defensemen that can transition the puck for such a system is also a big miss by Trotz. Signing a goalie long-term that has increasingly struggled with giving up transition goals is also questionable.

Spot on! Also:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So much on paper talent that looks like so much shit on the ice
I still think some of it is he never gives guys enough time to get used to one another. Part of that is the line blender mentality, the other part is that he won't let younger guys get the minutes they should be getting which compounds it.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The record for most losses to start a season is 11 ... set by the 1943-44 Rangers, tied by the 2017-18 Yotes (0-10-1).

The turnovers that end up almost immediately in the net are killers ... today was Carrier with full control then trying to clear up the boards where two Wings stood between him and the blueline ... intercept, pass to the slot, score. Not playing smart hockey.

The positives are this team is winning faceoffs and getting shots on goal. It's failing to get enough traffic for a lot of tips on net or to collect rebounds but those initial shots are frequently slamming into crests on goalie sweaters.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
When are the owners gonna get nervous is my question…
Never, the owner is (or soon will be, I can never keep up with this shit) Bill Haslam. He's got enough money not to care.

We just need, and more to the point, Bruno just needs to calm the f*** down. He's proved his system, we know it works, we also know it's a ballache to learn, so stop f***ing with the lines every 15 minutes. Let guys develop some chemistry and understand what they're doing together. And for the love of motherf***ing Mary herself bench Schenn. Bench Schenn and stick with your lines for two f***ing games. Just see what happens.

Edit: Sorry, I may be frustrated right now. The anger will leave me eventually.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Post-game in Nashville. We have it better than most. Especially after an L.

20241019_170054.jpg

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
At least the Sharks haven't won yet, either. Of course, they have Celebrini and Askarov for the next decade and we have Stamkos and Saros. 😕

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad