Post-Game Talk: Predators vs Red Wings - The get your Sh@t together or get out edition. 10/19/24@1PM CDT

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Any big-ticket UFAs still on the market we could sign*? Maybe that would do the trick.

*assuming we get cap relief from Joey.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Coaches don't generally change their styles much outside of minor tweaks and adjustments. It's a big component of why new coach bumps happen is that it'll afford a new style/paradigm. GM and coach have to be in the same page, which was failing near the end of Ppile's tenure and seems to also be going on under Trotz.

Buying a very stationary, very expensive forward for a coach that wants to play a pressing, uptempo style is a miss on Trotz's part. Continuing to have a gaping hole at 2C is on Trotz. Having only two defensemen that can transition the puck for such a system is also a big miss by Trotz. Signing a goalie long-term that has increasingly struggled with giving up transition goals is also questionable.

TLDR, I think there's plenty of places to slot blame at the moment

Been a huge issue going back to the loss of Hornqvist. We don't acquire players that are willing to fill this role and we don't instill it in them either.
Maybe so but you have a young guy in Parsinnen whom was sent down to get work at center and then your coach won't even give him a shot to see if he could fill that 2C spot. Heck in general he's got guys he simply won't play whether that's having them in the line up or being unwilling to give them minutes in the game.

Trotz has made some signings I don't agree with, but I think his coach is exacerbating the problem.

Incoming ENG

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Maybe so but you have a young guy in Parsinnen whom was sent down to get work at center and then your coach won't even give him a shot to see if he could fill that 2C spot. Heck in general he's got guys he simply won't play whether that's having them in the line up or being unwilling to give them minutes in the game.

Trotz has made some signings I don't agree with, but I think his coach is exacerbating the problem.

Incoming ENG
We've saw the same under Hynes as well though. Tolvanen, Tomasino, Parsinnen, Fabbro... One of the other things that has been super frustrating is we seem to find these big holes in our prospects games that keep them in the doghouse. Either we really suck at talent evaluation leading up to drafting or we really suck at developing the flaws out of their games through our pipeline. And, again, our front office and coaching seem to not be on the same page with this.

WTF are we extending Fabbro at all when we're just going to doghouse him? Etc...

MadMax5150

Mar 28, 2024
We've saw the same under Hynes as well though. Tolvanen, Tomasino, Parsinnen, Fabbro... One of the other things that has been super frustrating is we seem to find these big holes in our prospects games that keep them in the doghouse. Either we really suck at talent evaluation leading up to drafting or we really suck at developing the flaws out of their games through our pipeline. And, again, our front office and coaching seem to not be on the same page with this.

WTF are we extending Fabbro at all when we're just going to doghouse him? Etc...
The handling of Tolvanen is still stinging my ass.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We've saw the same under Hynes as well though. Tolvanen, Tomasino, Parsinnen, Fabbro... One of the other things that has been super frustrating is we seem to find these big holes in our prospects games that keep them in the doghouse. Either we really suck at talent evaluation leading up to drafting or we really suck at developing the flaws out of their games through our pipeline.
Its honestly probably a bit of both, but we seem to bring in coaches who have this unwillingness to let young guys make mistakes while the Veterans they do play make the same ones if not more. Hynes and Brunette both seems to seriously have that problem, and we know Trotz has that history as well.

Frankly I think its just one of those things that has been with the franchise from the start, and since they more or less keep bringing in " Preds people " for management and coaches it just keeps cycling. It's one reason I wasn't that thrilled with the Trotz hire.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Im fine with benching players if they are constantly effing up. I hate that it isnt evenly applied. Lauzon and Carrier have been bad. They still get 18-20 mins a night. The 4th line has been on the ice for so many goals against it is ridiculous and we keep rolling it out there and Brunette's acting like it is the 3rd wheel being attached (Pars or Toma) instead of the main components

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
I hope this is just a chemistry issue, theres too much talent to be winless. Add in Saros being average and the defense leaving him high and dry with the odd man rushes and leaving people alone, this is frustrating to watch.
Saros hasn't even been average!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad