Post-Game Talk: Predators vs Red Wings - The get your Sh@t together or get out edition. 10/19/24@1PM CDT

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Another time where we have the puck on our stick in the defensive zone ... make a horrendous decision, turn it over and give up a goal.

Offensively nobody is stopping in front of or beside the net. The only ones there to collect the rebounds are the opposition.

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
I mean like I said earlier, you gotta wonder how long the owners are going to let this go on. Even if Trotz is willing you gotta figure Haslam ain't gonna be happy about it.

If the Trotz/Brunette era doesn't work out, I'd rather just cut out all of the Poile lineage and start again with new blood. Idk how long Trotz is signed, but we're on year 2 of 4 with Brunette, so might be a while unless Haslam is cool with paying a bunch of money for guys to go away (and he might be, idk)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If the Trotz/Brunette era doesn't work out, I'd rather just cut out all of the Poile lineage and start again with new blood. Idk how long Trotz is signed, but we're on year 2 of 4 with Brunette, so might be a while unless Haslam is cool with paying a bunch of money for guys to go away (and he might be, idk)
Yeah we are in new territory with all of this. Things we wouldn't have thought an ownership group wouldn't have ok'd in the past they have under Trotz.

Frankly I think its more of a coaching issue than with Trotz right now. I think Brunette is trying to force a style of hockey he just doesn't have the players for.

Reactions: hockey diva

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I hope this is just a chemistry issue, theres too much talent to be winless. Add in Saros being average and the defense leaving him high and dry with the odd man rushes and leaving people alone, this is frustrating to watch.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm probably wrong but it seems like we take a lot of low percentage shots.
Well part of that is because they won't take the higher percentage when they get a chance early in the game and because they are behind they get stuck just shooting everything at the end.

Evangelista, Novak, and Nyquist especially have been guilty of it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We also are doing a terrible job of being in front of and going to the net in general this season. Very few of our shots have any form of traffic or anyone to grab a rebound.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yeah we are in new territory with all of this. Things we wouldn't have thought an ownership group wouldn't have ok'd in the past they have under Trotz.

Frankly I think its more of a coaching issue than with Trotz right now. I think Brunette is trying to force a style of hockey he just doesn't have the players for.
Coaches don't generally change their styles much outside of minor tweaks and adjustments. It's a big component of why new coach bumps happen is that it'll afford a new style/paradigm. GM and coach have to be in the same page, which was failing near the end of Ppile's tenure and seems to also be going on under Trotz.

Buying a very stationary, very expensive forward for a coach that wants to play a pressing, uptempo style is a miss on Trotz's part. Continuing to have a gaping hole at 2C is on Trotz. Having only two defensemen that can transition the puck for such a system is also a big miss by Trotz. Signing a goalie long-term that has increasingly struggled with giving up transition goals is also questionable.

TLDR, I think there's plenty of places to slot blame at the moment

We also are doing a terrible job of being in front of and going to the net in general this season. Very few of our shots have any form of traffic or anyone to grab a rebound.
Been a huge issue going back to the loss of Hornqvist. We don't acquire players that are willing to fill this role and we don't instill it in them either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad