Predators Prospect Rankings Summer 2024

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Can he come to camp? When does KHL season start?
September 3rd, so no, I would not anticipate seeing him in our camp. He is signed through 2026 in the KHL, so I think the nominal expectation should be that he plays next season and the one after in the KHL.

Players can buy out KHL contracts and come over sooner, but I would not get sidetracked imagining that might happen in his case? He is still very young. :dunno:

Reactions: triggrman

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Personally, im still holding out some hope for Schaefer. It took him forever to get any offense going.

Played 63 games
Through 40 games had 2G 8A 10P
Last 23 games had 5G 6A 11P

Not exactly a world beater pace but near 0.5 PPG down the stretch isnt bad for a rookie. It does look pretty bland when we had 3 other rookies (Svechkov, Kemell, and L'Heureux) score higher rates but that wouldve been a pretty good rate considering his usage.
elite numbers for a future DEL player

schaefer is one of our worst prospects

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
You should make it who will have more NHL career games, Schaefer or Knak... :naughty:
Ive got a list of prospects ill be kindof surprised if they ever get a contract from us.

Knak
McLane
Fontaine
Walther
Strinden
O'Hara
Jatkola

Schaefer may not ever turn out to be much but he is a big dude that could carve out a NHL career like McCarron has managed to

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Ive got a list of prospects ill be kindof surprised if they ever get a contract from us.

Knak
McLane
Fontaine
Walther
Strinden
O'Hara
Jatkola

Schaefer may not ever turn out to be much but he is a big dude that could carve out a NHL career like McCarron has managed to
One of the guys on this list is 24, played 3 years of juniors, will be playing his 5th year of college, has nearly undetectable production, and has of course never signed a professional contract. Maybe he needs to cook a bit more.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
One of the guys on this list is 24, played 3 years of juniors, will be playing his 5th year of college, has nearly undetectable production, and has of course never signed a professional contract. Maybe he needs to cook a bit more.
Or maybe he's like Cole Smith or something, he just works so hard, has such great character attributes, teams will want him around regardless of how he plays hockey... :naughty:

(fully expecting the Cole Smith fans to point out how he has had better production, etc, etc, whatever, but that's not the point really... go ahead anyway :rolleyes:)

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Or maybe he's like Cole Smith or something, he just works so hard, has such great character attributes, teams will want him around regardless of how he plays hockey... :naughty:

(fully expecting the Cole Smith fans to point out how he has had better production, etc, etc, whatever, but that's not the point really... go ahead anyway :rolleyes:)
Seriously, I don't think I've ever noticed him at the collegiate level. I suspect he was drafted as a character guy, as he was captain his last year in juniors. So a "sandpaper" and "character" guy who, given his total inability to score, is probably a F/D tweener sounds about right.

Stoneheart is right, though. It would be knock-me-over-with-a-feather stunning if we ever sign him.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Honestly cole smiths college career was pretty uninspiring. His first AHL season wasnt great either. Really stepped up and has carved himself a role. As long as he isnt being asked to play top 9, ive got no problem with him. Pretty iffy as a 3rd liner but works in a pinch

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I don't know, I think I'd have Surin higher based off the reports I received during rookie camp from people I trust, but it's so early for that. I will say these same people talked about how good Molendyk looked last season.

On that note, I'd have Molendyk in the top 4 for sure and Gibson in the top 10.

I think based off chances of making it. L'Heureux and Svechkov are up there but I think both are bottom six NHLers. I think Wood has a high ceiling but a low floor. Kemmell is still intriging to me. I like Ufko's game as well but how many quick undersized defensemen can a single team carry.
If I am carrying one, his name is Ufko. He impressed me playing against the Badgers.
He took a little while to catch fire in Milwaukee, but he can get the offense going.

I am not saying that he is Bobby Orr, but his passes from the back result in a lot of quality scoring chances. He can skate well and he can charge up the ice and go around defenders.

Schaefer looked better in the playoffs than the regular season, even with missing one game due to suspension. He played some physical hockey!

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If I am carrying one, his name is Ufko. He impressed me playing against the Badgers.
He took a little while to catch fire in Milwaukee, but he can get the offense going.

I am not saying that he is Bobby Orr, but his passes from the back result in a lot of quality scoring chances. He can skate well and he can charge up the ice and go around defenders.

Schaefer looked better in the playoffs than the regular season, even with missing one game due to suspension. He played some physical hockey!
Schaefer improved alot as the year went by. His production for the first half of the season was nonexistent. Im hoping he can keep getting better next season.

Ufko has a ton of skill. His size may ultimately hold him back but our NHL right side isnt exactly brimming with talent at the moment so he will get a shot one day. Carrier will eventually get his yearly injury and thatd be a chance for him to get a look with Lauzon.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00