Friedman: Predators looking for a center

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Islanders currently have 6 centers on their roster, I think Pageau could be had real cheap for cap purposes

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Nashville been trying to address their center position for a decade, first johansen, then turris, and lastly Duchene. Let’s hope trotz has better luck then poile

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'd agree but watching him he's not really a puck driver at this point. They had to know this going in. I think the next step is to play him with Forsberg and ROR to see if that changes anything. He needs someone to give him opportunities for clean looks at this stage.
He should be able to be a play driver in year 1 and 2 of this deal on the 2nd line with easier matchups at his cost.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He should be able to be a play driver in year 1 and 2 of this deal on the 2nd line with easier matchups at his cost.
Should be, but eye test says he doesn't look to be at 5v5. At this point the deal is done, so we can try to continue to play him as what he "should be" based on money or try to maximize what he is at 5v5.

The bigger issue is the PP. I am fairly certain most of his money was spent to elevate the power play, which to this point has not been good. He needs to be part of the power play, not the only focus which seems to be what they've tried to this stage.

Reactions: hn777

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Well, he is paid to be game-changing something.
They were 2/22 on the PP last year in the playoffs. With a decent PP they probably beat Vancouver. Stamkos was clearly brought in to to help the PP.

That said, he’s not a center anymore, and he’s a net negative (meaning more GA than GF) at even strength, he’s not a play driver, and he’s definitely not worth $8M, but he’s not as atrocious as people seem to be saying. It’s not a risk I would have taken, but I do see the logic in it.

Reactions: hn777

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
So does this Senators fan think we can get more? Sure why not...
Feels like selling a little low on Nelson for me, but I didn't realize L'Heureux has solidified himself as a blue chip prospect.

Tomasino is probably gonna go on waivers the way he is being buried by NSH, despite being a good prospect himself too.

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
Feels like selling a little low on Nelson for me, but I didn't realize L'Heureux has solidified himself as a blue chip prospect.

Tomasino is probably gonna go on waivers the way he is being buried by NSH, despite being a good prospect himself too.
I'm high like Nelson, so probably was selling him low. 😉 But Wahlstrom & Tomasino as a change of scenery deal, but well see how this folds out.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Nelson (or someone from the Isles) seems like the right fit in terms of trading partners. On a radio interview the other day an analyst was asked about why they thought Nashville was having such trouble this year and they pointed to bad goaltending which is fair but the bigger issue is that their forwards are all kind of straight line scorer types. No one to distribute the puck, create space and make plays. So needing a C that can do that tracks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad