GDT: Pre-season Game Two Kraken at Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not music to my ears.
Yeah. Sale was one of the Kraken skaters who appeared least involved in the game. Every time I saw him, he was just there. Not really doing anything. I have no idea how this season goes for him in juniors but he certainly has a long way to go to make the AHL, let alone the NHL.

When I saw Dragicevic in the last game, he was noticeable, though in a bad way. But he was trying. With Sale, I literally saw nothing.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
So far the team has been consistant.
One goal per game seems the limit so far for preseason games. :sarcasm:

I'n curious how things look in the final two preseason games where most of the regulars will play together and how the team starts the season.

Yeah. Sale was one of the Kraken skaters who appeared least involved in the game. Every time I saw him, he was just there. Not really doing anything. I have no idea how this season goes for him in juniors but he certainly has a long way to go to make the AHL, let alone the NHL.

When I saw Dragicevic in the last game, he was noticeable, though in a bad way. But he was trying. With Sale, I literally saw nothing.

I guess he still hasn't found that "edge" or whatever in order to become a contributor.
He certainly has the tools but so far hasn't been able to shake of the laziness in order to realize his potential.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I guess he still hasn't found that "edge" or whatever in order to become a contributor.
He certainly has the tools but so far hasn't been able to shake of the laziness in order to realize his potential.
Whether it is laziness, a lack of urgency or energy, I don't know. But to me, not playing with energy and effort in a training camp is a pretty bad sign.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Whether it is laziness, a lack of urgency or energy, I don't know. But to me, not playing with energy and effort in a training camp is a pretty bad sign.
It's an awful sign. I mean, here Sale is staring at this big opportunity right in front of him, a chance to show off his skills and impress his coaches, and he does nothing. And combine this with timidity along the boards? Just doesn't sound like a player who wants it at all, like he is in the wrong sport or something.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It's an awful sign. I mean, here Sale is staring at this big opportunity right in front of him, a chance to show off his skills and impress his coaches, and he does nothing. And combine this with timidity along the boards? Just doesn't sound like a player who wants it at all, like he is in the wrong sport or something.
Yeah. I can just see him go back to Europe to be honest. Be closer to his family or whatever. Might be the best case scenario for both parties. He develops and grows there and maybe come back to NA.

I have no idea how the ELC and contract stuff works if he does that though. i.e if gets loaned to a European team, do we lose his rights, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad