GDT: [Pre-Season] Game 2 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames | Sep 25 | 7:00PM PST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
It will be streaming on Canucks.com. It's been posted a few times and a link is in the original post.
sorry. last I looked I saw TBD.

1727282196884.png

update: yep, I still had the thread open. it hadn't refreshed to any links yet either at the time I posted.

Reactions: Vector

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Something like this, perhaps:
DeBrusk-Pettersson-Lekkerimaki
Bains-Raty-Sprong
Karlsson-Sasson-Sherwood
PDG-Smith-Blais

Defense maybe this top-four:

Hughes-Juulsen
Soucy-Desharnais

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I like how Calgary has like 4 offence only D playing tonight including an 18 year old( no not Sam Bennett). Weird to not spread them out to give them better PP time.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I like how Calgary has like 4 offence only D playing tonight including an 18 year old( no not Sam Bennett). Weird to not spread them out to give them better PP time.

I literally do not get what teams are trying to accomplish by dressing these sorts of horrific rosters in road preseason games.

That 10-0 abomination against Calgary last year literally taught nobody anything and just seemed to harm the confidence of several players.

Like, Raty and Lekkerimaki looked good last night. You know what enabled them to look good and for the team to get a better read on what they're capable of? They were on lines with actual NHL players.

Calgary is basically just wasting this game by dressing a prospects camp roster.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I literally do not get what teams are trying to accomplish by dressing these sorts of horrific rosters in road preseason games.

That 10-0 abomination against Calgary last year literally taught nobody anything and just seemed to harm the confidence of several players.

Like, Raty and Lekkerimaki looked good last night. You know what enabled them to look good and for the team to get a better read on what they're capable of? They were on lines with actual NHL players.

Calgary is basically just wasting this game by dressing a prospects camp roster.

While I agree that I don’t see what teams are trying to accomplish by fielding a roster like that, I’ve watched enough teams comprised of plugs, scrubs and kids wax the asses of veteran laden groups coasting by just trying not to get hurt that I never assume the veteran laden group will win out. :laugh:

Interested to see Nate Smith. Seemed like a promising prospect until he kind of hit a wall last season.

EDIT: It occurs to me that I likely nailed one of the reasons…teams don’t want their big guns playing a ton / getting hurt / getting fatigued in the pre season.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If we have fewer pre-season games, then teams would get their guys in. But, they have plenty of games to get their vets their 3-4 games.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
While I agree that I don’t see what teams are trying to accomplish by fielding a roster like that, I’ve watched enough teams comprised of plugs, scrubs and kids wax the asses of veteran laden groups coasting by just trying not to get hurt that I never assume the veteran laden group will win out. :laugh:

Interested to see Nate Smith. Seemed like a promising prospect until he kind of hit a wall last season.

EDIT: It occurs to me that I likely nailed one of the reasons…teams don’t want their big guns playing a ton / getting hurt / getting fatigued in the pre season.

If we have fewer pre-season games, then teams would get their guys in. But, they have plenty of games to get their vets their 3-4 games.

I think it's mostly that teams are trying to give their star players extra days at home and fewer travel days.

But, again, I think it's kind of a false economy to just play prospects with other prospects and expect to glean the information you want.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
6 of the fringe forwards playing in this game.

Raty, Sprong, PDG, Bains, Blais, Karlsson.

Only missing Aman.

Expecting a big effort from all of those guys tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad