GDT: Pre-Season #6 | New York Rangers vs New York Islanders | October 4th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-2

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Gotta love what Roy/Lamiorello has done with this team since Roy took over the helm.

I can't think of a better coach than Roy who's doing EXACTLY and I mean EXACTLY the type of game this team is better suited towards. Aggressive offensive minded game play with man on man defense. The results since he has been here speak for themselves. One full year and a whole summer to rid themselves of the nauseating crap they were fed and I think the team is going to be a force to be reckoned with. No more timid play. No more turtling once you have the lead. Keep the pedal to the metal and close out games.

As for the team itself, Roy just gets it. He has a good eye for talent and how to use and how to encourage the players to get the most out of them. Rather than belittling them he encourages them. They let go of two loyal warriors in Martin and Clutterbuck that I thought they had to move on from to get younger and faster though I hope both get another shot with another team or stay and play a different role in the organization. They earned it.

If there was one player I would use as trade bait it would have to be Engvall. For the speed he brings to the Islanders he plays too much of a timid perimeter game that won't serve this team well in the long run. I would rather keep Wahlstrom and Gauthier and have the battle for his spot rather than have this guy on the team. He's has too much Leaf fear and not enough Islander character. I think they need to give Wally another shot in this new system and I think Roy might just give him that chance.

As for our two newest acquisitions in Duclair and Tsyplakov. Great additions by Lou. Duclair brings in a speedy stickhandling scorer who is a perfect match for Horvat and Barzal. That line with give the other D fits not knowing who to cover, either Barzal or Duclair. Either one could set up Horvat or each other.

As for Tsyplakov. Wow, just wow! He is an absolute gift from the hockey gods from what I have seen so far. Really big and strong and for his size an excellent skater. Reminds of a Mark Messier type player. He can have that much of an impact on this team. Big and strong, great vision, soft hands and drives to the net and can and wants to shoot the puck. He's not a prospect but the real thing from what I have seen so far. He's going to be the most significant addition to this club we have had in a long long time. The fact that he was gifted to this organization and he chose the Islanders and in the draft we are handed Cole Eiserman on a silver platter is just further proof that the hockey gods are with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad