GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
‘I can’t imagine Adams will bring Hutton back after he said he wouldn’t see the puck’
‘I can’t imagine Adams will let Ullmark walk for nothing after using a goalie protection slot on him’
‘I can’t imagine Adams will bring back the same forward group’ (x2)

I mean….i don’t think he will do that either. But….his tenure has been beyond my wildest imagination, and not in a positive way.
At least his last insane goalie project was almost successfull

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
With Reinhart, Kane, Guentzel, Duchene off the market, the forward options are shockingly thin.

Lots of guys in their early 30s. The middle six center market is better (Monahan, Stephenson, Lindholm, Henrique), but not super deep either.

Other than a 2 year mega bucks deal for Stamkos, I can't think of many options that would move the needle a ton.

there is one roster that is full of vets they want to move and they want futures and very few NTCs/NMCs

Kocency, Farabee both make sense on different levels (Farabee is a local kid, so there is that angle). And they need some defensive help.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
With Reinhart, Kane, Guentzel, Duchene off the market, the forward options are shockingly thin.

Lots of guys in their early 30s. The middle six center market is better (Monahan, Stephenson, Lindholm, Henrique), but not super deep either.

Other than a 2 year mega bucks deal for Stamkos, I can't think of many options that would move the needle a ton.

there is one roster that is full of vets they want to move and they want futures and very few NTCs/NMCs

Kocency, Farabee both make sense on different levels (Farabee is a local kid, so there is that angle). And they need some defensive help.
I dunno, there are a lot of nice fits out there that could hopefully be persuaded for money. Luckily, with the Skinner buyout, we have money. That may have been an option, get something done via trade, if not pivot to throwing money.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Except for the part where it worked and they’re getting him signed before free agency.

It really makes no sense unless the Lightning were tampering (or maybe a friend of an agent of a friend suggests a potential contract to his agent) and knew Guentzel would agree to the general framework of whatever deal they were proposing. Then the trade covers that a little bit, and lets them go into UFA with more info about the status of their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00