GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Looks like half of the reporters think it is today and half think tomorrow, perfectly sums of the nhl
I gave up trying to figure out when it was. I know it will be open for sure tomorrow if it isn’t already…so I’ll just wait until then to think about it.

I got as far as people needing to be on waivers (not Skinner because he’s got a NMC) to be bought out…which hasn’t happened either yesterday or today. So no one without a NMC is getting bought out until at least Friday.

But Skinner can just be bought out whenever the window actually opens so that doesn’t help me at all.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
LeBrun reports the Sabres are going after Necas. Seems….concerning. Why even buy out Skinner unless the plan is to remake the style of the franchise? Then go out and get a one dimensional scoring winger? Makes no sense.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
LeBrun reports the Sabres are going after Necas. Seems….concerning. Why even buy out Skinner unless the plan is to remake the style of the franchise? Then go out and get a one dimensional scoring winger? Makes no sense.
Perhaps they think he can be a center ? Even though debate is out on that.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

He’s an extremely fast player that generates offense all over the ice. He’s young and not great defensively/backchecking, but gives an effort and can still grow.

That’s not the same player as skinner. Nor does it stop buffalo from adding some tough players as well.

It upgrades skinner into a better, more complete, younger player. That’s a good thing

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Let’s set aside that they aren’t the same kind of offensive players…or that Necas is a much better skater.

He is seven years younger.

If we were talking about acquiring a 25 year old Jeff Skinner…that would be a hell of a lot different than the 32 year old one.

One has the best part of their career ahead. One of them has their best days firmly behind him.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
He’s an extremely fast player that generates offense all over the ice. He’s young and not great defensively/backchecking, but gives an effort and can still grow.

That’s not the same player as skinner. Nor does it stop buffalo from adding some tough players as well.

It upgrades skinner into a better, more complete, younger player. That’s a good thing
He's far from Skinner stylistically, he's a taller better passing Peterka

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Guys. My point is he does not play defense. I’m not saying he isn’t an upgrade on Skinner. I’m saying Skinner wasn’t bad enough to buy out unless you don’t want players that don’t play defense. So it doesn’t make sense to me to do both. One or the other seems fine. Both is weird.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Guys. My point is he does not play defense. I’m not saying he isn’t an upgrade on Skinner. I’m saying Skinner wasn’t bad enough to buy out unless you don’t want players that don’t play defense. So it doesn’t make sense to me to do both. One or the other seems fine. Both is weird.
If Skinner was 25 they wouldn’t be looking to buy him out. They’d be excited his best days were ahead.

What’s weird is not wanting to add skill to the forward group after trading Mitts and buying out Skinner

Another year older Skinner ain’t it.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
If Skinner was 25 they wouldn’t be looking to buy him out. They’d be excited his best days were ahead.

What’s weird is not wanting to add skill to the forward group after trading Mitts and buying out Skinner

Another year older Skinner ain’t it.
It’s not weird to look for skill. It’s weird to buy out Skinner if you’re ok with one dimensional scoring wingers. He’s still pretty good.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I’m not sure how Necas is more complete than Skinner. They’re both among the absolute worst defensive players in the NHL (bear in mind Nevas’ stats are being posted on an extremely well-structured defensive team).
IMG_1258.jpeg

Buying out Skinner just to pay a bunch of assets and money for this guy would be really f***ing stupid. So of course it’s exactly what the Sabes are going to do. 😩

Last edited:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

at an absolute premium of cost

there are not many realistic ways of upgrading skinners roster spot that would cost more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad