GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Is this where we'll put trade rumors/FA rumors as well? The roster thread is pretty active, so it's hard to keep track of all the Sabres related rumors.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If we are picking at 11th I might be a little disappointed since I was really hoping that pick could turn into a tangible player that helps us immediately.

I have one worry tho and that is Adams being too close to his assets which paralyses him from pulling the trigger to actually acquire us some good/youngish players like a Tomas Hertl who I wanted so bad and the Vegas Knights had no problem acquiring.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaporTrail

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't understand, is this thread just for draft or for trade rumors?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I’m still blindly hoping against all available information that Kev is actually going to acquire a couple of useful players. Call me stupid. Call me a rube. This is a situation where it’s a scenario when I’d just rather be disappointed than get to say something sardonic about how Kev is an empty suit yes man when all they do is trade for Nic Dowd. I’d rather be mad than hopeless.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’m still blindly hoping against all available information that Kev is actually going to acquire a couple of useful players. Call me stupid. Call me a rube. This is a situation where it’s a scenario when I’d just rather be disappointed than get to say something sardonic about how Kev is an empty suit yes man when all they do is trade for Nic Dowd. I’d rather be mad than hopeless.
Last summer left me really deflated and the season that follow didn't help.
I still think Adams post season presser was a bad act.
What annoys me the most is that this feels like a gap year, even with moves we'll likely have too many inexperienced players to deliver a good full 82 game season.
This summer I would have been more ok with something small like Dowd but the situation calls for more with the last season being a disaster.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I wouldn’t mind Nic Dowd though.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Amazing for me would be Dowd, a veteran rhd that isn't over the hill and a 2C (not happening).

Good would be Dowd, a 3C and balancing the top 6D.

Bad would be a scoring winger with bad defense, Krebs as 3C and our freaky defense intact.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
If we are picking at 11th I might be a little disappointed since I was really hoping that pick could turn into a tangible player that helps us immediately.

I have one worry tho and that is Adams being too close to his assets which paralyses him from pulling the trigger to actually acquire us some good/youngish players like a Timo Meier who I wanted so bad and the Vegas Knights had no problem acquiring.
Are you confusing the Devils and Vegas?

That Meier trade wasn't exactly a sucess story, just like the Chychrun trade where we had interest as well.

I'm not so much afraid that Adams does nothing, or not enough like before, but more that he does something stupid.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I'm driving up there from VA this Friday, so I'll get to watch the draft that night.

After the years of disappointment, I now expect the worst.

Bold moves. We need bold moves. Don't need to swing for the fences, but we don't need anymore Robinsons, Josts, etc.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Are you confusing the Devils and Vegas?

That Meier trade wasn't exactly a sucess story, just like the Chychrun trade where we had interest as well.

I'm not so much afraid that Adams does nothing, or not enough like before, but more that he does something stupid.
I got Meier mixed up with Hertl

Brain Scramble

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Amazing for me would be Dowd, a veteran rhd that isn't over the hill and a 2C (not happening).
We need a 1C. If we could drop Tage and Cozens down a line and have someone take the top line minutes and provide that level of points ... we'd be away laughing.

Problem is that we ain't getting that through trade, with the 11th pick we probably aren't getting it through this draft and we don't have it in the pipeline. Maybe the only way we could trade for that is to trade up, then trade a high pick to someone who wants to retool. No idea what our candidates would be there. Probably still nome.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
We need a 1C. If we could drop Tage and Cozens down a line and have someone take the top line minutes and provide that level of points ... we'd be away laughing.

Problem is that we ain't getting that through trade, with the 11th pick we probably aren't getting it through this draft and we don't have it in the pipeline. Maybe the only way we could trade for that is to trade up, then trade a high pick to someone who wants to retool. No idea what our candidates would be there. Probably still nome.
We have some elite talent on the team, and some players with great potential.
A 1C would be ideal but it's not happening. A guy like Karlsson or Cirelli would be enough in my opinion. Cozens will improve and 3 very good lines combined with Power/Dahlin and decent goaltending should be enough to become a playoff team.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I think Adams is going to make some big moves. I really believe this will be his last season as GM if the Sabres miss the playoffs again. I could be naive, and Lucy is about to pull the football away from Charlie Brown (again).

Reactions: JThorne and Fjordy

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

I have one worry tho and that is Adams being too close to his assets which paralyses him from pulling the trigger to actually acquire us some good/youngish players like a Tomas Hertl who I wanted so bad and the Vegas Knights had no problem acquiring.
I agree...I think he's too into his players...I can't see him making a deal like Zito did by shipping out Huberdeau for Tkachuck...We might need a shake up like this.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
If you were a fan of the Tre White goalie academy, you'll probably enjoy Dion and Keon with the draft preview:

If it's a sign of things to come, Catton will be a Sabre come Friday night.

Edit: Oops, just noticed JB posted this in the other predraft thread :laugh:

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad