PP line combinations, all our eggs in one basket?

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Not sure what the goal of replacing Marner with Dermott is, but either way our PP lineup isn't important until we cut the drop passes down by 50%.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'd start with loading one unit but I hope keefe and the pp coach are adaptive and willing to make quick adjustments if stacked units isnt working.

I'd have a JT-Matthews-Nylander-Barrie unit and a Marner-Robertson-Rielly-Mikeyev unit in case the top unit went stagnant

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
None is right at the moment. Learn better y'all is toronto maple leafs fans :clap:
The best personel it is, just like other great teams. So keefe already has had it: And nothing, NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE: Matthews - Tavares Marner Barrie Nylander

And checking it out now: The user called Hamzarocks had is also correctly put. :clap: That's great sire, keep up the good job and get paid.

Reactions: al secord

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
First PP is fine as is. There's a reason why good coaches play their best 5 offensive players over a minute on the PP. Rielly is the only guy I'd maybe switch in.

Second PP I like:

Kap/Spezza - Hyman - Robertson/Kerfoot
--------------- Mikheyev
------------------ Rielly

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It can be argued that there is one egg more than the basket allows for (Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Barrie). Regardless, I'd expect the 4F, 1D setup to continue. If they were to go 3F, 2D for some reason, I'd figure the two defencemen to be Barrie and Rielly.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It can be argued that there is one egg more than the basket allows for (Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Barrie). Regardless, I'd expect the 4F, 1D setup to continue. If they were to go 3F, 2D for some reason, I'd figure the two defencemen to be Barrie and Rielly.

Lol could you imagine those two on the point deciding which is the closest shin pad to hit? One of them is plenty on the PP.

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Lol could you imagine those two on the point deciding which is the closest shin pad to hit? One of them is plenty on the PP.

:) In fairness, this team shouldn't typically have two defencemen on PP1 considering what they boast at forward.

Reactions: Morgs

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
As much as the two unit approach worked back from 2016-2018, we just don't have the same offensive depth that we had back then. Our top end is heavier, with the addition of Tavares, and the progression of Matthews, Marner, & Nylander...but we haven't had anybody replace the ability of Kadri, van Riemsdyk, & Bozak to the same degree.

I'd rather have Matthews on the ice especially, for ~75% of the time, not 50% of the time.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
2016 - 2018: 9.05 GF/60 - two even units - Second in the NHL (behind PIT)
2019 - 2020: 7.99 GF/60 - one stacked unit - 8th in the NHL.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think one stacked PP would be best against CBJ. They aren't really a threat to score shorthanded so I don't think you have to worry about fresh skaters, but they are so good defensively you need as much skill as possible to break through it. Plus I don't think they have a weak PK unit to take advantage of

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Gotta go with JT-Matthews-Nylander-Marner-Barrie

Load it up and hope Marner gets his head out of his arse and back to the version we've seen the last couple of seasons. If he can find that groove again, he'll be the straw that stirs the drink on that unit.

Reactions: Menzinger

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
You have to load up one pp unit in the playoffs to get your star players in an advantageous situation and more ice time to score.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I don't think you can have an educated opinion without taking a look at Columbus's PK units and if their results are symmetrical or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: