Power Rank the Last 8 Goaltenders

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Swayman

Everyone else. Swayman is in the zone and is putting up a J.S. Giguere run. Will see if his performance is sustainable. He may run out of gas.

There this years goalie that catches fire, Swayman.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Right now, Swayman, Otter 2nd. Perhaps Swayman puts in a JS Giguere performance and carries the B's to the Cup.

Otter is second? He has a 0.915 save percentage to Shesterkin's 0.929 save percentage. Shesterkin also has a 0.929 CAREER playoff save percentage to Otter's 0.918. I know you're an Islanders fan, but c'mon man.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Tier 1: Shesterkin, Swayman, Bobrovsky, Demko
Tier 2: Andersen, Oettenger
Tier 3: Skinner, D
Tier 4: Georgiev
I won’t rank Silovs because the sample size is too small. But he looks like he could be the back up next year and we’ll get a better handle on him. So far he’s been great.
I think this list is fair. I might out Andersen in tier 3, but he's also one of those guys that can go on a run too. I think we all know Oettinger is capable of being in tier 1, but he's been a bit inconsistent so far this playoffs.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Shersterkin/Swayman/Demko

Oettinger/Bobrovsky

Andersen/Skinner/Georgeiv

Not Ranked: Silovs

For me

Last edited:

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Silovs was top 5 on a lot of goalie prospect lists before the season started
He's a big agile goalie that has studied under the best goaltending coach in the world since the day he was drafted - don't underestimate his ability to steal a bunch of games in a short tournament format.
Benoit Allaire doesn't coach for the Canucks.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Based on how they are playing at this moment:
Swayman
Igor
Bob
Freddy
Otter
Skinner/Georgiev/Slivos (hard to rank him rn i think he's played well but not enough sample size to put him solidly above anyone)

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Right now, Swayman, Otter 2nd. Perhaps Swayman puts in a JS Giguere performance and carries the B's to the Cup.
If you're a B's fan it's called a Tim Thomas performance because that's the last guy to do it here.

And yeah, there's definitely some comparisons going on between the two American goaltenders born 3 decades apart, on the B's forum.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Lmao at Demko/Silovs combo being lower than sieves like Georgiev and goalies like Skinner 😂 Demko is a vezina nominee

I take Silovs who shut out Preds to win the series ahead of Georgiev and Skinner
Relax. One is injured and may not even play again these playoffs, while the other was an emergency call-up.

A healthy Demko would definitely slot higher in most people's list.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Elite:
Shestyorkin

Very good:
Swayman
Bobrovsky

Good:
Oettinger