Power Play survey

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The only way Laf, or Chytil, or other even sniff a chance of being on PP1 is to produce on PP2, and none of them have done shit as a power play unit regardless of power play time being given.

Gordon Bombay

HFNYR Head Coach
Oct 13, 2006
Welcome back.

I like to ask questions instead of answering questions.

If one of the four forwards on PP1 get injured this year how should we run it and who should be out there? Does skill trump geometry in this situation?

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I just think Panarin is more valuable as a passer on the PP.
He just scored the PPG from that spot! I think when the coverage on Zib is suffocating like it was earlier in the PP, they can switch it up and mess up the d-coverage like on that goal. Panarin was comparably wide open on the setup compared to the looks Zib was getting. Perhaps Zib isn't getting to the openings? But our PP is way more dangerous when there is a threat to score from that left dot.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Laf’s PP decision making and execution are horrible. It’s not illegal for the second unit to do something productive.
Which one is it? If his PP decision making and execution are horrible, how would he be part of making the second unit do something productive? Sounds like you are talking out of both ends. By your own logic here and your preference for the ghost of Mika, shouldn't you want him on the second unit because and I quote "It's not illegal for the second unit to do something productive"

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Which one is it? If his PP decision making and execution are horrible, how would he be part of making the second unit do something productive? Sounds like you are talking out of both ends. By your own logic here and your preference for the ghost of Mika, shouldn't you want him on the second unit because and I quote "It's not illegal for the second unit to do something productive"
If it were up to me there wouldn’t be a second unit. I’m saying since there is, and Laf is on it, he and the unit could maybe do something once.

Would you move Tro into Panarins spot and then Chytil into the bumper? I feel like Tro would be better than Fil there
I would not.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
He just scored the PPG from that spot! I think when the coverage on Zib is suffocating like it was earlier in the PP, they can switch it up and mess up the d-coverage like on that goal. Panarin was comparably wide open on the setup compared to the looks Zib was getting. Perhaps Zib isn't getting to the openings? But our PP is way more dangerous when there is a threat to score from that left dot.
Mika was at bumper there. Good things pretty much happen immediately when hes not involved. See: game 6 goal vs CAR, game 4 goal vs FLA

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
3 goals in 3 attempts, Fox-Panarin-Trochek on each of the 3. Mika did nothing, non factor. Panarin actually scoring on the one timer from Zib's spot.

Its staring you all in the face

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
How so? By saying Mika added nothing on the PP and was a detriment 5v5? How is that talking out of both ends? Seems consistent to me. I feel like I’m arguing with a child.
You acknowledged our PP being great (how could one not tonight).

You say he did nothing…it’s all connected. Watch the viz. you don’t have to be a former high major DOBO to see it. For instance on the deflection goal…1.5 seconds before panarin releases it, Compher is standing in the shot lane and by the time it’s off of panarins stick, Compher has vacated the lane and has his stick in the passing lane to Mika.

Half court offense in basketball is a living organism. Offensive line play is a living organism. A PP is a living organism. It all works in cohesion. Its parts are not defined by its points production. It’s about the overall product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad