Power Play or lack there of

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
People aren't going to like this... but IMO the PP units will function better if Kane and Tarasenko get swapped. Let the former Hawks re-live their glory days on PP2. If Ray is going to be the dual-threat passer/shooter on the left side we need an absolute gunner on the right. Can't have both sides be playmakers.

Compher
Ray - Larkin - Tarasenko
Mo

Ras
DBC - Berggren - Kane
Gustafsson

PP2 is a shorty waiting to happen, but we don't really have much else to play with atm. They can have like 20-30s per PP.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
People aren't going to like this... but IMO the PP units will function better if Kane and Tarasenko get swapped. Let the former Hawks re-live their glory days on PP2. If Ray is going to be the dual-threat passer/shooter on the left side we need an absolute gunner on the right. Can't have both sides be playmakers.

PP2 is a shorty waiting to happen, but we don't really have much else to play with atm. They can have like 20-30s per PP.

I agree with this, but still the biggest problem is the lack of net front presence. Give us one Chris Kreider or Holmström-lite, and the PP becomes instantly effective. They don't even play with the screener on the mind nowadays, and that makes it weak in general.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I agree with this, but still the biggest problem is the lack of net front presence. Give us one Chris Kreider or Holmström-lite, and the PP becomes instantly effective. They don't even play with the screener on the mind nowadays, and that makes it weak in general.

If only we had a top 10 pick in Grand Rapids with a real knack for battling around the net.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My biggest gripe is they are often sloppy with zone entries and through the neutral zone…. But it’s also been 3 games…. Lots of room for it to get better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad