GDT: Power Outage. Oilers v Stars, 2 PM on SN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Weak-ish goal, though Duchene had a red carpet to walk into the middle of the slot on that one. If RNH makes that shot I'm not thinking it's a miss by Oettinger.

Though it really highlights where their PP is failing it. Even if they got that look, they wouldn't take that shot, but rather would be looking for the cross ice pass.

K eep
I t
S imple
S tupid

Someone was hiding behind Henrique for a bizarre amount of time before that shot, lol. Had all the time in the world to get into the open space to try to block it.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Skinner is the reason Mcdavid has 0 cups

Anyone else in net Mcdavid has 2 already

Skinner is the reason the team shit the bed the first 3 games in the finals, and didn’t score more than 1 goal in game 7 too, right?

They lost that cup themselves. The previous rosters were not actual contenders

Reactions: Sethual

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Add Smith in with Skinner too

Talbot was the one who probably could have got it done if our team was a bit better
Talbot absolutely crumbled. It's disingenuous to blame the goalie every single time. They've passed up prime scoring opportunities for low percentage shots and that they keep doing it is maddening.

Easy game for the Stars goalie. Uncontested floaters and low percentage plays.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Can we get MacT back to be a shot blocking coach? Our guys seemed scared to get in front of that Duchene shot.
Big pass, we don't want Nurse thinking he's a goaltender again

Skinner got beaten cleanly on an unscreened wrist shot from top of the face off circles, the kind of thing goaltenders are supposed to stop all day long.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Also, those slobbering over Otter today should remember he was one of the big reasons Dallas lost to the Oilers in the WCF (he was very mediocre)

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
I never thought I'd blame our goalie in a 1-0 game but here we are. That was such a stoppable shot. I think Pickard makes that save.
Give me a break lol how about our top lines not getting 1 goal. Only reason we are losing is because we can't score

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Skinner is the reason the team shit the bed the first 3 games in the finals, and didn’t score more than 1 goal in game 7 too, right?

They lost that cup themselves. The previous rosters were not actual contenders
So basically, Edmonton SHOULD score at least 4/5 goals a game with Skinner or screw this team upfront.

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Give me a break lol how about our top lines not getting 1 goal. Only reason we are losing is because we can't score
Oh come on, even if we didn't score yet, this goal must not happen. This goal was bad. I mean really bad. There ist no way to blame this goal on our offense.

Reactions: iCanada

CantHaveTkachev

Accruing Cap Space
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
So basically, Edmonton SHOULD score at least 4/5 goals a game with Skinner or screw this team upfront.
How scoring 1? This game isn’t a 7-6 affair we are talking about

What are you talking about? Skinner's the only Oiler not built for 0-0 games today. There's no reason we lose this game based on how the 18 skaters are playing.
The 18 skaters haven’t scored a goal
In order to win a hockey game, you need to score a goal

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Oh come on, even if we didn't score yet, this goal must not happen. This goal was bad. I mean really bad. There ist no way to blame this goal on our offense.
I applaud you for not having that poster on ignore yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad