Speculation: Potential waiver gems

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not the most exciting pickups but Habs have a couple with a high likelihood of being claimed.

Pezzeta and Harvey-Pinard.

RHP produces well for a bottom 6er but just couldn't be consistent enough. Pezzeta is a ginder who provides a ton of energy where he lacks skill, Habs purposefully avoided putting him on waivers last year because they knew he'd get claimed.

Not sure what kind of value a Right Handed Pitcher is gonna have to an NHL team....

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Didn’t see a thread but just wondering what players your teams might be forced to waive who could be of interest or get a claim?

In Vancouver I think Nils Aman could get waived. He’s big and cheap but has been getting outplayed in camp.

Less likely but maybe Noah Juulsen?

Would love for the Canucks to scoop up a bigger winger with some grit.

Post your teams potential waiver players below.
There was one on waiver claims

You have 4 distinct groups

Career SHLers who arr tweeted for 4th line
2. Cap dumps
3. First year of waiver exposure after ELC/waiver exempt expired. Therr gas bern a long unwritten rule of not claiming these players

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not the most exciting pickups but Habs have a couple with a high likelihood of being claimed.

RHP produces well for a bottom 6er but just couldn't be consistent enough. Pezzeta is a ginder who provides a ton of energy where he lacks skill, Habs purposefully avoided putting him on waivers last year because they knew he'd get claimed.
Habs won't put Pezzetta on waivers. For all the habs fans who whine about him, he's a middleweight who's top 10 or so in the league for hits. They'll keep him, trade him or resign him for cheap imo - hughes hates losing guys for nothing

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Tampa has a couple guys that need waivers that are gonna be fighting for a roster spot:

Gage Goncalves
Gabriel Fortier

Conor Sheary*

*Please hockey gods

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils are probably going to end up waiving Nolan Foote and then at some point DeSimone and Hatakka.

I could see a team intrigued by Foote’s size and skill, but probably makes it through. DeSimone seems like he’s going to be a forever waiver claim as a good but not great depth guy. Hatakka would be the most likely to get claimed and potentially blossom elsewhere with his age and skill set.

I also wonder if they may try to stash MacDermid in the AHL for a bit and hope that no one bites on his three year deal at his AAV.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Maybe guys from the hawks who hit waivers
Ryan Donato, Joey Anderson, Isaak Phillips and Arvid Soderblom.

I do think Donato might be potential trade bait though. Depends on their plan for Nazar.
I thought Phillips still had one more year

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Technically, I think teams can put players through waivers today if they want to. However, teams has to make sure to have a 23 players roster at some point before the start of the season (I don't know the actual date). It would be near that deadline that a ton of players will go through waivers.
Thanks!

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

They'll do the same with Pezetta this year as they have no issue sitting him in the press box for like 8 games at a time, I kinda think they could get a late pick for Pezetta for some team wanting an energy player, but he's the perfect guy for the 13th forward role. RHP is still on LTIR for a couple more months, no? There's a good chance there will be injuries by that point and he will have a depth role

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad