Speculation: Potential Offseason Acquisitions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Edler is not a top defenseman anymore. He has a chronic back injury and he just had an even worse season than Vinny. We have no interest in bailing the Canucks out of his contract.
Actually his contract is not that bad. A 28 year old with five years left on a deal with a cap hit of $5M per. Coburn will be getting more than that when he re-ups in two years. If Edler's back can be treated and he can get healthy, I'd be for swapping him for Coburn. I can't see Coburn ever being more than he is now and that is a guy who doesn't get big in games that count.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
How about Heatley, fellas? Would anyone take him and for what price? I can't make up my mind. I'm sure he'll take a pay cut, but I don't know how significant it'll be. I'm also unsure of how much he has left, but I'm kind of hoping he just needs to go somewhere he'll fit in nicely and revive his career a bit. Still, from what I've seen this year, he might not have much left in the tank.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
How about Heatley, fellas? Would anyone take him and for what price? I can't make up my mind. I'm sure he'll take a pay cut, but I don't know how significant it'll be. I'm also unsure of how much he has left, but I'm kind of hoping he just needs to go somewhere he'll fit in nicely and revive his career a bit. Still, from what I've seen this year, he might not have much left in the tank.

rather have penner. Still surprised that anaheim ditched him for nothing.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
There was a report that the Flyers were interested in Cammy last year I believe. If so I don't see how that would change considering he scored 26 goals & put up 45 points in 63 games on a bad Calgary team this year. He also played in LA when Hextall was there.

He may be small but he's still a good player despite it & is very clutch. He would also likely come cheaper than Vanek.

I vaguely remember that. But I believe it was just Carchidi being an idiot and throwing names around that the Flyers might consider.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

Was thinking this today...Heatley with a change of scenery on a 1 year $2-4m "prove me" deal. Could be a home run. Could be a disaster.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Was thinking this today...Heatley with a change of scenery on a 1 year $2-4m "prove me" deal. Could be a home run. Could be a disaster.
Exactly. I've been thinking about this since the season started, and I just couldn't reach a conclusion. Glad I'm not the only one with such crazy thoughts :)

edit: Keep Vinny, put Heatley on his wing? I'd like to see what comes out of that.

tytech

Jan 4, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Exactly. I've been thinking about this since the season started, and I just couldn't reach a conclusion. Glad I'm not the only one with such crazy thoughts :)

edit: Keep Vinny, put Heatley on his wing? I'd like to see what comes out of that.

How many changes of scenery does Heatley need. He's a lazy player and would infuriate us.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I'd vote to go after Vanek. Let Kimmo retire, use that money on Vanek.

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
I'd vote to go after Vanek. Let Kimmo retire, use that money on Vanek.

I agree. A top end left wing would really help Giroux. Maybe go after a guy like Niskanen to fill the offensive void left by Timonen?

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Niskanen and Vanek will cost WAYYYY too much for this team and fix very little.

This is really an offseason of patch ups.

Also --- Again --- Still....I'm pretty sure Vanek is a lock to go to Minnesota

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
How many changes of scenery does Heatley need. He's a lazy player and would infuriate us.

Heatley isn't playing on a team that really allows him to flaunt his strengths. Minnesota has never been an offensive team. I'd be intrigued of what could come of him on Giroux's LW

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

I think I would max out at $2 million. Hasn't he been a healthy scratch the last couple games in the playoffs after a terrible season last year? I'm usually the guy saying players have a shot to bounce back, and I would be interested in Heatley on a very low deal, but more than $2 million is out of the question IMO. I'd be more comfortable at around $1 million and $2 million is a stretch. But if he is willing to go for that, I would be very interested. But I think he is pretty unlikely to get anywhere near even 40 goals. On a $1 million deal, I'd be psyched with 20 goals.

MissionCanucksFan

Mar 2, 2014
we are not dealing our first in when the Draft is in philly.

Also, I don't like edler.

New Jersey pumped out their first whilst hosting a draft, cant see Holmgren retaining his 1st to select a crap shoot.

What dont you like about Edler? Holmgren was rumoured to be going after him at the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad