Postseason sentiments.

How are you feeling about this seasons playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
With 3 regular season games left, I wanted to get a feel for the temperature of our fanbase heading into the 2024 playoffs. Online I've discovered the entire range of thoughts and expectations for this time. Probably has alot to do with our unexpected deep run last season. I am definitely in the camp that it was easier to manage emotionally because expectations were low. The year before that they were high, and we got crushed. We obviously all ultimately want the cup, but where is your head currently?

Last Rat Standing

May 26, 2016
South Florida
Personally, and I'm probably being pessimistic, I can see them barely squeaking an R1 victory but that's about it. Maybe it would be much higher if they looked the same way now as they did a few months ago. If they end up going against Boston in the second round, I don't see any further than that. Which is odd since this is the second best regular season they've ever had

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I'm pretty confident that we take down Toronto. Round 2 is where I can see it going either way. Boston or Tampa won't be an easy out. If we get past that, it'll be a huge accomplishment. I have to think though if we win 2 rounds, we're going to win round 3 just because of how we thrive on momentum.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
When Ek and Swaggy are back, with Anton picking it up of late, and Tarasenko gelling with Barkov, and the expectation that a couple of guys like Monty, Tkachuk and Barky have been slightly coasting… defense like Mikkola and Ballsy picking it up and giving OEL some rest… and goalies continuing to play well… why not be optimistic?

Only Kulikov gaffes can sink us at this point.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
IF were on our game, i can see us goin to the conf. finals again. Toronto is weaker than last year, not elite goaltending and mid tier defense, and im confident we can shut down their potent offense + our pk is worlds better than last year.

Boston and Tampa while good and scary, arent as good as weve last faced them and weve gotten better. Still Boston seems to have some better chemistry goin and has adapted to us it seems. Tampa has some good offense and elite PP, but i dont think defensively theyre nearly as good, but they can be saved by Vasi if hes back in form. I still feel like we can win against either.

However if we get to the conf finals i think we end there.
Carolina is gonna be there minus a massive upset, and they got a lot stronger. Itll take God Bob+ premium edition to stop that. They forecheck just as good as us, have a better/deeper defense and can shut us down, and their offense is just as good if not better. Both their goalies are extremely good.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I hate that the so called home-ice advantage hasn't been an advantage the entire year. They clearly play worse at home. PP is worse at home, PK way worse. If they can't flip that switch pronto I can see a first round exit in the cards. I know I'm pessimistic but that would be gross.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I hate that the so called home-ice advantage hasn't been an advantage the entire year. They clearly play worse at home. PP is worse at home, PK way worse. If they can't flip that switch pronto I can see a first round exit in the cards. I know I'm pessimistic but that would be gross.
they played well at home before February, then it switched for whatever reason.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I’m always more worried than I am confident. Most of the teams are killers so it’s gonna be tough no matter what. Even if we are playing at the level we can, we’ll need a lot of luck.

Reactions: Felidae

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I could see them losing in round 1, but I could see it go either way. I certainly wouldn’t expect on a 5 game series. They pretty much shut down Matthews entirely last time, don’t expect that to happen again. Not just because he’s arguably the leagues best goal scorer (not just this season) but because his playoff numbers entering last year on a goals per game basis was in the upper echelon. Samsonov gave us more of a fight than I was expecting in the Washington series and he’s been a lot better as of late, so who knows. I expect them to want revenge. Not like that mattered for us against tampa but still, I’m sure they won’t be an easy out.

A potential Boston or Tampa round 2 matchup. Again, both good teams, wouldn’t be easy. And I just don’t see Carolina flopping in the conference finals again. They add Guentzel and get svechnikov back? Along with the season Jarvis is having. Unless they choke yet again in the conference finals I just don’t see them missing the cup final this season (I think it should be the rangers on paper but I’ve said that the past 2yrs and they’ve disappointed each time so until they prove it I can’t bet on them, going with Carolina).

I think they can do it but after last season I gave up the hope of ever winning the cup. It’s a near impossible task with so much luck (both in play and with injuries), you need everything clicking, and so many game breakers out there in the league and so many top tier teams, it’s just so unlikely. It’s not like other sports, it’s essentially like hitting the lottery. I think we have a great team but I’ll never assume we’d ever go all the way until the day it happens. That’s why I hated when the chicklets crew were pumping their tires and everyone was pegging them as the favorites. It’s just not that simple. Like last year, I expect nothing and will just tune in and attend the games and just watch how it all unfolds and hope for the best

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Last year we just such an amazing run starting from the all star break that I'm so satisfied as a fan already. Just squeaking in, the teams we beat, the way the series' played out, it was near perfect until the end obviously.

Of course I want them to win the cup and I think we have a team as good as any this year. If we're healthy and on our games, definitely can beat and team in a series. But if things don't go our way for whatever reason, honestly I'm pretty good too.

It's just nice to be cheering them in the playoffs again instead of talking about the draft. Last year even without a cup really lifted a lot of the weight from being a Panthers fan for 30 years.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I am expecting a Cup run.

Healthy, and on our game, we match up with any team in the league, and we are a favorite in the East.

The only team in the East that would be a coin flip, is the Hurricanes. They scare me more than any other team. We are a better TEAM than the Leafs, Bolts, and Bruins, and I feel we have the advantage in series against all 3 teams.

The last few weeks have been concerning, but I believe its a combination of the team just over the regular season, and the injury bug that we dealt with.

This team knows what it takes to win games in the playoffs, and I bet they are just waiting for the playoffs to start!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Playing with fire lol
I'm ready to go to hell and back to see this franchise win it all. Aren't you? :laugh:

200w (13).gif

Reactions: Chaos2k7

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I was at the game and it was absolutely dog water. Stolarz couldn't stop a beach ball and now I wouldn't mind him starting in the playoffs

Yea, that game sucked. At least the kids had fun and I was trying my hardest not to let my true thoughts out watching the defense/Stolarz.

Since then he's been legit.

*Knocks on wood.

Reactions: Last Rat Standing

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah I'm cautious. We've been one of the best teams in the league this season. But whoever we face in the 1st round is gonna be a pretty tough opponent. A lot of what made our run possible last season is likely not going to be repeated either.

Tkachuk has been worse this season not just on a production level, but he's been noticeably less physical.

Montour was our best defenseman in the regular season and arguably the playoffs right behind Tkachuk and Bobrovsky for MVP. He hasn't been close to as impactful this year.

Bobrovsky has actually been pretty elite this year. But yeah what he did last season is a once in a career type of performance.

And of course, our play the past month or two doesn't exactly inspire any confidence.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad