Post your team's updated lines with new acquisitions

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
If he is that good and the Islanders are still a wildcard team at best what are they if he isn't superman?
And if Matthews wasn't Superman, would the Leafs even make the playoffs?

It's a dumb question for two reasons. One, Sorokin is on the team so the hypothetical that he isn't is not worth the time discussing. Second, it's quite obvious that yeah if the good players on teams weren't good, the teams would regress. Like duh! It applies to every team in the league.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Seems I am not alone in my opinion
First, HFBoards posters have historically bad takes on the Isles so poll opinions are barely worth grains of salt.

Second, let's not play dumb. You said that the Islanders were going to be Montreal lottery bad. Most of those votes are for 19-22 or better, which isn't what you said at all.

If you're mad enough to make a poll about it, you may find use to just take a break from the internet for a bit. It's not really that big of a deal that not everyone shares your opinion that the Isles are going to be bottom feeders.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
First, HFBoards posters have historically bad takes on the Isles so poll opinions are barely worth grains of salt.

They have bad takes for every team

Second, let's not play dumb. You said that the Islanders were going to be Montreal lottery bad. Most of those votes are for 19-22 or better, which isn't what you said at all.

I think the rosters are very similar. Good top line and very weak bottom 9. Ok defense getting a boost on name reputation for some players who aren't what they were anymore. I don't think the Islanders finish outside the bottom 5 for GF this year and their D is not good enough to make up for that.

If you're mad enough to make a poll about it, you may find use to just take a break from the internet for a bit. It's not really that big of a deal that not everyone shares your opinion that the Isles are going to be bottom feeders.

I'm not mad just showing it is a pretty common opinion on the Islanders future

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I see it more like this.

LW Laferriere C Kopitar RW Kempe
LW Moore C Danault RW Foegele
LW Fiala C Byfield RW Thomas
LW Jeannot C Turcotte RW Lewis
Fagemo

LD Anderson RD Doughty
LD Gavrikov RD Clarke
LD Edmundson RD Spence
Burroughs
Jones
Moverare

Kuemper
Rittich
Copley
Portillo

Each of the young forwards will rotate through the lineup.
DailyFaceoff speculates that Byfield is 1LW, with Turcotte slotted as 3C. Feasible? Seems that he impressed before at that position. Edit: gambled on him on all my fantasy teams. ;)

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
And if Matthews wasn't Superman, would the Leafs even make the playoffs?

It's a dumb question for two reasons. One, Sorokin is on the team so the hypothetical that he isn't is not worth the time discussing. Second, it's quite obvious that yeah if the good players on teams weren't good, the teams would regress. Like duh! It applies to every team in the league.
What if you took the teams best player off the team you think they'd be as good derp.

• Haha
Reactions: JTToilinginToronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad