Post your team's updated lines with new acquisitions

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It's a putrid lineup to look at but they did make the playoffs last year... Says a lot about the pretenders: Buffalo, New Jersey, Pittsburgh...

That roster looks pretty comparable to the Habs roster IMO. I suspect they finish around each other. Just Isle on the downswing Habs on the up

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Eklund - Granlund - Zetterlund
Bordeleau(until Couture returns) - Celebrini - Toffoli
Kostin/Grundstrom - W. Smith - Wennberg
Goodrow/Dellandrea - Sturm - Kunin
Gushchin

Mukhamadullin - Ferraro
Vlasic - Walman
Emberson - Benning/Rutta
Thrun

Blackwood
Vanacek

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
That's a lottery team
Got Sorokin in net who had a bad year last season by his standards, and still got the Isles in.

Barzal and Dobson as the top forward and defenseman respectively isn't bad.

Improved depth versus last season's lineup that Roy had playing at a 100 point pace.

I guarantee that barring a LT injury to Sorokin, Dobson or Barzal that this team is at worst fighting for a WC spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Donner

Jul 16, 2022

:flames

Jonathan Huberdeau - Yegor Sharangovich - Anthony Mantha
Connor Zary - Nazem Kadri - Andrei Kuzmenko
Matthew Coronato - Mikael Backlund - Blake Coleman
Jakob Pelletier - Martin Pospisil - Ryan Lomberg
Kevin Rooney

MacKenzie Weegar - Daniil Miromanov
Kevin Bahl - Rasmus Andersson
Jake Bean - Brayden Pachal

Dustin Wolf
Dan Vladar
Devin Cooley
This is 2009 Oilers level bad

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Montreal Canadiens: Gave it a shot as the Canadiens are running back the same lineup they finished with + adding in Hutson.

Line 1 LW Caufield C Suzuki RW Slafkovsky
Line 2 LW Roy C Newhook RW Dach
Line 3 LW Harvey-Pinard C Evans RW Anderson
Line 4 LW Gallagher C Dvorak RW Armia

1st Pair LD Matheson RD Guhle
2nd Pair LD Hutson RD Savard
3rd Pair LD Struble RD Harris

Goalies:
Starter: Montembeault
Backup: Primeau

Scratches:
LW Pezzetta
RD Barron
LD Xhekaj
G Price + Knee (Career Ending) LTIR
There are things to remember about last season to take into context.
They amongst the youngest teams with the youngest blueline. They had a year of development in the right direction.
Still had nasty issues with man games lost to injury but better than the 2 previous seasons. Should be better in that department.
They were in 41 1 goal games and 15 2 goal games.Would not take much to flip the won-loss on that

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The NYI as the roster currently stands

Duclair - Horvat - Barzal
Engvall - Nelson - Palmieri
Lee - Pageau - Tsyplakov
Holmstrom - Cizikas - Fasching
McClean / Iskhakov

Romanov - Dobson
Pelech - Pulock
Reilly - Mayfield
Bolduc

Sorokin / Varlamov
Not the fansiest of lineups, but had a good mixture of middlings guys who can get the team into the playoffs

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
How is Sorokin hit or miss? Guy posted 3 straight seasons of .918+ sv% before this most recent season.
Yeah, some Leafs fan ragging on Sorokin is the type of unintended humor that keeps me coming back to the site.

If the Leafs had someone 'hit or miss' like Sorokin in net, they'd probably be Cup contenders each year instead of (an almost always) first round exit, like they will be this year.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Jets are hard to predict with a new head coach and d coach...don't think it will be a complete rehash of last season, every coach will see things differently, hough personnel hasn't changed much.

They have a hole at 2C with Monahan gone, but there is some excitement about Brad Lambert's potential. Namestnikov played that role for almost 40 games last year with team success so he might get in there.

There should be a training camp battle between Logan Stanley and Ville Heinola. One contributes to PK and team toughness the other to puck movement and rushes and PP. Dylan Samberg is likely to move up to a bigger role with more minutes. Jets could see some 7 d alignments under Arniel I suspect.

4C could be a competition between Barron, Gustafsson, Kupari.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Islanders still need a bonafied top 6 offensive threat to really send them to the next level, but that team will likely be competing for a playoff spot as always unless they're decimated by injuries.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I'm hoping it's something like this. Lapierre needs plenty of playing time, he was very good last year, and stepped up even more in the both the NHL & AHL playoffs.

Ovechkin-Dubois-Lapierre
Mangiapane-Strome-Wilson
Protas-McMichael-Milano
Duhaime-Dowd-Raddysh
Bench: Sgarbossa, (Miroshnichenko as the first forward called up as we have multiple guys who play center)

Fehervary-Carlson
Chychrun-Matt Roy
Sandin-Trevor van Riemsdyk
Bench: Bear, Alexeev

Lindgren
Thompson
System: Shepard, Stevenson

It's going to be an interesting team to follow and very hard to predict how well the team will perform IMO.

Should Dubois and Ovechkin really play on the same line though?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's going to be an interesting team to follow and very hard to predict how well the team will perform IMO.

Should Dubois and Ovechkin really play on the same line though?

Dubois seems like the type who needs to be “the guy” to be motivated so if he brings his A game while playing top line with Ovi it should be fine. If he dogs it like in LA though that could get ugly defensively

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Canucks will probably be:

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Pettersson - Debrusk
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Sherwood - Suter - Sprong
Ex: Aman, Podkolzin

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Forbort - Desharnais
Ex: Juulsen

Demko
Silovs

Forward group is decent if Joshua-Garland continue to make the 3rd line perform like an 2nd line and Boeser comes back strong. The bottom 4 on D is a problem, though we might see an in-season trade and/or Willander join after the NCAA season.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Dobson is a bonafide #1. Pelech & Pulock are really good. Romanov & Mayfield are nice depth pieces. That’s a very solid blueline. Feel free to name 17 better ones if you want

Great goaltending, very good defense (Definitely top 10 IMO) and their centers are good (Nelson's very underrated).

I don't know why so many people are saying their team's not good, like sure they might need a winger or two but that's the easiest weakness to fix.

I feel like people make the mistake of rating teams by how exciting they are offensively.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Washington Capitals

Line 1 LW Ovechkin C Dubois RW Wilson
Line 2 LW Protas C Strome RW Mangiapane
Line 3 LW Milano C Lapierre RW Raddysh
Line 4 LW McMichael C Dowd RW Duhaime

1st Pair LD Chychrun RD Carlson
2nd Pair LD Fehervary RD Roy
3rd Pair LD Sandin RD Van Riemsdyk

Goalies:
Starter: Lindgren
Backup: Thompson

Scratches:
C Sgarbossa
LD Alexeyev
RD Bear
RW Oshie + Back Out Indefinitely LTIR
C Backstrom + Degenerative Hip Out Indefinitely LTIR

Captain: Alex Ovechkin
Alternate Captain: John Carlson
Alternate Captain: Tom Wilson
Defense looks right but offense will look more like this I think. McMike won’t be on the fourth line.

Ovi-Strome-Wilson
Milano-Dubois-Mangiapane
McMichael-Lapierre-Protas
Dubaime-Dowd-Raddyish

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tampa Bay Lightning

Line 1 LW Guentzel C Point RW Kucherov
Line 2 LW Hagel C Cirelli RW Chaffee
Line 3 LW Eyssimont C Paul RW Atkinson
Line 4 LW Girgensons C Glendening RW Sheary

1st Pair LD Hedman RD McDonagh
2nd Pair LD Moser RD Cernak
3rd Pair LD Lilleberg RD Crozier

Goalies:
Starter: Vasilevskiy
Backup: Johansson

Scratches:
RW Ylonen
RD Raddysh
RD Perbix

Alternate Captain: Victor Hedman
Alternate Captain: Nikita Kucherov
Alternate Captain: Vacant
I Cant see perbix being scratched after 2 years of playing good on bottom pairing minutes

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
How is Sorokin hit or miss? Guy posted 3 straight seasons of .918+ sv% before this most recent season.

Most of that was Trotz doing Trotz things.

Yeah, some Leafs fan ragging on Sorokin is the type of unintended humor that keeps me coming back to the site.

If the Leafs had someone 'hit or miss' like Sorokin in net, they'd probably be Cup contenders each year instead of (an almost always) first round exit, like they will be this year.

If he is that good and the Islanders are still a wildcard team at best what are they if he isn't superman?

I guarantee that barring a LT injury to Sorokin, Dobson or Barzal that this team is at worst fighting for a WC spot.

Seems I am not alone in my opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad