Post your 2025 draft list

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Feels like very early on, if we were doing reactionary weekly power rankings…

Martone and Misa probably right up with Hagens in a three-way contest for #1. Hagens is really just getting going in his NCAA season so this is more about the two OHL guys blowing up. Martone’s size and projection is incredible but the other two are true dynamic centers so it would come down to team needs and traits. This feels like 2023 a bit, minus Bedard factor - just get me a top 3 pick and I know I’m gonna get a foundational piece.

Tier 1: Hagens, Martone, Misa

Frondell probably temporarily drops out of Tier 1 simply due to coming back from injury and rust. Same with Schaefer. I don’t think McQueen is quite the level of the tier 1 guys but he should be right behind them.

Tier 2: Frondell, Schaefer, McQueen

Of the rest, I think you have to drop Ryabkin out of the top two tiers due to his start-stop situation - but he’s got the talent to get back in the convo. I think Eklund 2.0 might have the best chance of all the forwards to crash the top groups….he’s having a great season in Sweden.

As far as challenging Schaefer on the blueline - Hensler has the tools but will need more freshman level production and that may be hard to do on UW. I think Jackson Smith may be the guy to watch…his got a great combo of size, skill and production and big two-way WHL defenders tend to go high. Mrtka’s traits may put him up there as well. I think there are lots of good defenseman prospects in the middle and late 1st but this doesn’t appear to be a great defenseman draft if you are picking super high. Definitely not as good as 2024 though I think Schaefer has the potential to be the best of both years.

Schmidt has taken the lead among the mini-stars with his incredible start, with Benak still adjusting to North America and Mooney shelved.

Big risers: Bear, Behm, Sharpe, Genborg, Lakovic, Potter, Carbonneau, Cootes, Cihar. Somebody is going to take Genborg in the first round, he’s an animal.

Too early to single out fallers but disappointed in Gavin’s start and most of the USNTDPs.

Side note: This is gonna be the Canadian, Swedish and goalie draft. The CHL crops look great…the high end OHL talent, WHL depth and at least a trio of potential high Q picks. Everybody has known about the Swedish 07 group for years and add in Eklund. And tons of goalie prospects. As suspected, the American 07’s and Finnish crop look weak. Russian crop looks wild cardish at best. Czech’s look pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Briser la glace

Aug 28, 2024
briserlaglace-podcast.com
Feels like very early on, if we were doing reactionary weekly power rankings…

Martone and Misa probably right up with Hagens in a three-way contest for #1. Hagens is really just getting going in his NCAA season so this is more about the two OHL guys blowing up. Martone’s size and projection is incredible but the other two are true dynamic centers so it would come down to team needs and traits. This feels like 2023 a bit, minus Bedard factor - just get me a top 3 pick and I know I’m gonna get a foundational piece.

Tier 1: Hagens, Martone, Misa

Frondell probably temporarily drops out of Tier 1 simply due to coming back from injury and rust. Same with Schaefer. I don’t think McQueen is quite the level of the tier 1 guys but he should be right behind them.

Tier 2: Frondell, Schaefer, McQueen

Of the rest, I think you have to drop Ryabkin out of the top two tiers due to his start-stop situation - but he’s got the talent to get back in the convo. I think Eklund 2.0 might have the best chance of all the forwards to crash the top groups….he’s having a great season in Sweden.

As far as challenging Schaefer on the blueline - Hensler has the tools but will need more freshman level production and that may be hard to do on UW. I think Jackson Smith may be the guy to watch…his got a great combo of size, skill and production and big two-way WHL defenders tend to go high. Mrtka’s traits may put him up there as well. I think there are lots of good defenseman prospects in the middle and late 1st but this doesn’t appear to be a great defenseman draft if you are picking super high. Definitely not as good as 2024 though I think Schaefer has the potential to be the best of both years.

Schmidt has taken the lead among the mini-stars with his incredible start, with Benak still adjusting to North America and Mooney shelved.

Big risers: Bear, Behm, Sharpe, Genborg, Lakovic, Potter, Carbonneau, Cootes, Cihar. Somebody is going to take Genborg in the first round, he’s an animal.

Too early to single out fallers but disappointed in Gavin’s start and most of the USNTDPs.

Side note: This is gonna be the Canadian, Swedish and goalie draft. The CHL crops look great…the high end OHL talent, WHL depth and at least a trio of potential high Q picks. Everybody has known about the Swedish 07 group for years and add in Eklund. And tons of goalie prospects. As suspected, the American 07’s and Finnish crop look weak. Russian crop looks wild cardish at best. Czech’s look pretty interesting.
Genborg ❤️

Reactions: Ebbert

Ad

Ad

Ad