OT: Post something positive about the poster you're quoting.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well this is a bit awkward since I don’t really like any of you.

On a serious note I really enjoy interacting with all of you guys, even those who have a different opinion than me (aka the people who are wrong). I follow the NHL like a religion so seeing others who are also fanatics while cheering for the Habs is awesome. Thank you all!

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Thanks Tyson and to all the others who mentioned me in this thread, I love you all and am truly humbled.

I was not planning to come back and would miss all of you if I didn’t, but the stuff I do appears to offend some of the decision-makers in here and thus I can no longer justify putting in all the hours that I once did. Doesn’t take anything away from how great this posting group is and I’m enjoying reading all of you. Pls keep up the great work. 👏

You will be sorely missed.

There are serious problems here and I don't blame you at all but.....please don't leave....I will do better.

It's me isn't it, I knew that you were too good for me.

:)

Seriously though, this would be such a huge loss for this board. I almost deleted my account recently due to some behind the scenes nonsense but I would have went out with a bang lol.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
It obviously isn't @Runner77 first rodeo here, and he's had a few clashes with some posters/mods in previous years. We can almost all agree though, he brings more to this forum in terms of smiles, happiness and laughter, than all of the mods combined. And I'm forever thankful and in his debt for bringing me up during tough personal times.

Anyhow, I would also like to send out all of my love to the tankers during the Bergevin-era. You guys rocked, and keep on rocking. We will have one heck of a team shortly, and most of us stood by this team, knowing we'd willingly be grotesquely shit for years. Brighter days are ahead, and the rebuild, which was undertaken the proper way, is almost complete.

To the anti-tankers and Bergevinists of this forum, thank you for being wrong, whining to the mods about this forum being too negative, and for sticking around with us bozos who were cheering the losses on. Youre welcome.

Shortly, we'll all be one happy family once more.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
To the anti-tankers and Bergevinists of this forum, thank you for being wrong, whining to the mods about this forum being too negative, and for sticking around with us bozos who were cheering the losses on.
I joined this forum in part because I grew too old for Reddit and the (imo bad) culture there and I found the aggressive Bergevin-cult to be suffocating on Twitter. There were a few accounts who called anyone who questioned the asset-management of Subban->Weber a Subbanista and other things of that nature. Just blind partisanship in support of Bergevin's ego-cult. I try not to mention Bergevin any more and let sleeping dogs lie...

I was too critical of Hughes-Gorton's judgement in part as a response to the partisanship -- because it's safer to be negative and doubtful than positive and optimistic -- I think this forum is nearly perfectly balanced to enable decent discussions with insight and I can attest the culture has changed my perspective quite a bit.
Shortly, we'll all be one happy family once more.
Winning cures all. I'm desperate to get back to winning, to get back to rooting for playoff wins, to get overly emotional during OT playoff games... To re-ignite a fierce and sometimes nasty rivalry with Boston and Toronto... I mean, what's better than that? What brings a 'family' together more than that?

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Thanks Tyson and to all the others who mentioned me in this thread, I love you all and am truly humbled.

I was not planning to come back and would miss all of you if I didn’t, but the stuff I do appears to offend some of the decision-makers in here and thus I can no longer justify putting in all the hours that I once did. Doesn’t take anything away from how great this posting group is and I’m enjoying reading all of you. Pls keep up the great work. 👏

burnitalldown-burnitalldownpodcast.gif

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
@ReHabs You have a knack at irritating a few posters with your lengthy posts. That's a skill I value and respect a lot. You've had some memorable battles with many HF members in the Slafkovsky thread. We were both on the same side of the fence, arguing Slafkovsky graduated too early in the NHL, and did not look ready. But you are much more vocal and aren't afraid to ruffle some feathers. I like that a lot, and value your opinion.

Speaking of battles, I've got to give @417 some love as well. I was not sold on our developmental path with Slafkovsky, but must admit you were right. I love what you bring to this forum, even though the conviction, certainty and confiderence which emanates from your posts irritates me at times. You and @ReHabs went hard at each other's throats in that thread, and I found some of the hatred towards ReHabs was not warranted and disingenuous. Both of you guys are solid posters in my books.

@Andy @waffledave deserve a little love as well.

@ArtPeur I love you avatar, and your calmness on this board. Every time you post, I notice you my fellow smiley face.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
@MarkovsKnee He gives me reps all the time, I like him.

@Habs10Habs Same as ^^^

@dinodebino I log in and I see like 14 reps in a row by him, and he is funny as hell as well. Like him.

@Runner77 and @Redux91 You guys are both the same to me. Two of my favorite posters.

@The Great Weal @The Real Timo and @The Gr8 Dane I also view them as a lone entity. They always agree with me and I like them.

@Habs Icing Always follows me around so he can bust my balls. This is a pity mention.

@Habs One of the GOAT heel posters.

@Mrb1p I respect him for giving his unpopular opinion.

@ArtPeur @ThaDevilGirl @Pompeius Magnus @TRG @Michelangelo @Adam Michaels #CFMTL crew for more than a decade already.

I might be forgetting some of you jabronis. But I enjoy reading and making fun of y'all a lot.

Speaking of you.

I would like to warn everyone here to be careful about posting pictures of yourself online.

He's judging you.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Well this is a bit awkward since I don’t really like any of you.

On a serious note I really enjoy interacting with all of you guys, even those who have a different opinion than me (aka the people who are wrong). I follow the NHL like a religion so seeing others who are also fanatics while cheering for the Habs is awesome. Thank you all!
It's mutual @The Great Weal , but we wouldn't want it any other way lol ;)

Seriously though, I've enjoyed reading your posts and interacting with you. Damn I can't believe you've almost been here 10 yrs already. When I think "hardcore Habs fan", your name definitely comes to mind.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
We do this every year and I still hate all of you for not inducting me in the HOF five years ago.

Biggest snub
@Mrb1p I really enjoy reading your posts. You remind me so much of myself when I was younger. Cocky, self assured and sometimes an ass lol I've learned a lot from your over the years. You not being in the HOF is definitely an injustice, that should be rectified.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
@OldCraig71 one of my all time favourite posters. Your sense of humour is just as demented as mine. You are also one of a handful of posters who are "must read" when you post something. Oh and the night you went to bed early and the majority of the board @'d you. Was one of the most fun nights I've had here on HFB lol

:cheers:
Thanks, John, we have had our share of laughs during GDT's, it has been so much fun even when the team on the ice was dogshit. I have a lot of respect for you as a person, you are a good friend to many on this board including me. This place is better because you are here.

I remember the night that I went to bed early( there have been many times). It was a game against the Jets, a real snoozer lol and I made the mistake of announcing I was done for the night and the madness ensued.

There was also a night a few years ago when someone accused me of owning a yogurt factory and I found the famous gif of an inflatable figure that was moving sexually lol. I think the servers nearly crashed that night with laughter. I remember @Lshap pm'ed me and told me that he would have to take it down but he was laughing so hard that he would leave it on the site for a while longer because everyone was having so much fun. I believe that @sheed36 might still have it on his computer, it was hilarious.

I can't leave out my brother on HF, @Runner77. We have developed an awesome friendship here at HF, one that has gotten us both through some trying personal times over the last 10 years that only he and I know about. He is a quality human being and someone I am proud to call a friend. I never figured out how he could do what he does and be so on point with only 2 hours sleep per night, he is the yin to my yang lol.

There are so many here that I have enjoyed interacting with over the years and many have since gone but you are not forgotten. @Tyson, @Doc McKenna, @sheed36, @Stive Morgan, @dinodebino,@Rapala, and so many others oh yeah @Habs (I added you, but you won't be happy). If I forgot some names I apologize but I love interacting with you all even the ones I'm not too fond of lol. Cheers.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

can I still borrow your avatar? Seriously, if you leave I will hunt you down and find you in NDG and return you here
😻💑💌

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
So many give us a good read
Runner for his wit and thoughts
threekings for insight on prospects
great weal funny stuff

all in all, you all are a good read here. enjoy myself reviewing you passion for CH

Thanks for your kindness. I missed the best days of the year on this forum — the draft and all the chatter leading up to UFA Frenzy. If I did that, it’s cause I know it’ll never change in here.

I gave my all in the last thread I posted in, which was the Combine.

I’ve done what I could. Others have done more than me and I’ll be cheering for them. 🤩
dont go buddy

we need you to talk me down from the Fig lovers at TSN and SN

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Thanks, John, we have had our share of laughs during GDT's, it has been so much fun even when the team on the ice was dogshit. I have a lot of respect for you as a person, you are a good friend to many on this board including me. This place is better because you are here.

I remember the night that I went to bed early( there have been many times). It was a game against the Jets, a real snoozer lol and I made the mistake of announcing I was done for the night and the madness ensued.

There was also a night a few years ago when someone accused me of owning a yogurt factory and I found the famous gif of an inflatable figure that was moving sexually lol. I think the servers nearly crashed that night with laughter. I remember @Lshap pm'ed me and told me that he would have to take it down but he was laughing so hard that he would leave it on the site for a while longer because everyone was having so much fun. I believe that @sheed36 might still have it on his computer, it was hilarious.

I can't leave out my brother on HF, @Runner77. We have developed an awesome friendship here at HF, one that has gotten us both through some trying personal times over the last 10 years that only he and I know about. He is a quality human being and someone I am proud to call a friend. I never figured out how he could do what he does and be so on point with only 2 hours sleep per night, he is the yin to my yang lol.

There are so many here that I have enjoyed interacting with over the years and many have since gone but you are not forgotten. @Tyson, @Doc McKenna, @sheed36, @Stive Morgan, @dinodebino,@Rapala, and so many others oh yeah @Habs (I added you, but you won't be happy). If I forgot some names I apologize but I love interacting with you all even the ones I'm not too fond of lol. Cheers.
tumblr_om9o6w5UsH1unj05go1_500.gifv

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

It's only the best gif ever posted here in HF Habs history. :) That was a fun night on this board for sure.

It'll likely get deleted and I'll probably get in some hot water, like apparently others have recently from reading posts in this thread, but I don't really care. It's just a harmless and very funny gif.

I've never eaten frozen yogurt again. :DD

rfqJoO0.gif

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Moen in glory.... he was awesome

I suddenly want to see the midget gionta gif where he jumps off the stairs and tackles a couple bruins.
The one where Price left the building that was falling apart was hilarious. I miss that guy.

Roy made the best GDTs too. He was incredible. I get it. They're too busy to post on a message board and I'm sure it sucked up a lot of time. But they were awesome.

• Love
Reactions: PhysicX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad